PDA

View Full Version : my dell computer kept on restarting.

zakhan
16-04-2007, 12:19 PM
hi i have got dell computer. it has two windows installed. the first on is windows xp profesional which's i forgot windows login password.then i installed windows xp home edition.
it was fine but suddenly it's got some problem and now when i restart it doesn't come on and keep restarting.can any one advise why it's keep restarting.

& how can i crack the password for the profesional xp.

Shipoftheline
16-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Try pressing F8 while it's booting up to get into safe mode. If you can get in safe mode check what you have starting up by typing msconfig in run (start memu) as I suspect it's something in their causing it.

As for your windows passwords try

Forgot the Administrator's Password? (http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm)

Geo
17-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Could be a Bios fault

bbr81
19-04-2007, 12:50 PM
It may need a reinstall, try just one operating system, If you downloaded the XP, u may find a crack of somesort on the CD, or try searching for XP activation crack on your download software.

zerofool2005
14-06-2007, 04:22 PM
There are a lot of WGA cracks out now. But if you run a router you dont really need your OS patched. As its own firewall will protect you.

FrankTAdams
07-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I had a similar problem with my Dell. I ended up having to replace the motherboard.

dx100-uk
07-12-2007, 09:32 PM
there are dells with faulty capacitors
they bulge off the board or bulge on the top by the imprinted X in the ally top.

however id be inclined to run chkdsk from safe mode first.

if you dont need either of the installed versions
the reomve the partitions and use format c: /u

dx100uk

koolboy
13-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Use pasword recovery tool - linux based and reset the password

bean
14-04-2008, 01:30 PM
I have used this many times to reset forgotten passwords. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/)

Dodgy
14-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Look for Barts Windows PE - it's a bootable CD with loads of utilities on it; and has locksmith on it, which enables you to reset admin password - once you've reset this, you can log into Windows in safe mode and reset your account password.

DG