PDA

View Full Version : hidef european sats?

deskmonkey
15-04-2007, 10:21 AM
hi,

was helping a friend to install a 46" bravia lcd last weekend and got talking about satellite. he has sky hd already but wants more glorious hd content to watch.

i've had a look at the technomate website and nothing stands out as being dvbs2 ready (if thats what their using in europe?)

my mate is in the midlands and looking for an 80cm motorised setup to recieve sport and movies. are these english language most of the time?

he's a bit of a muppet when it comes to updates and stuff so it's going to be a killer if he has to do too much hobbyist stuff to update keys and stuff once its up and running.

is there a recommended setup for this?

ta for looking

deskmonkey

Dr X
25-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Well m8 there are a few channels broadcasting in HD now on the sat over europe.
The EURO1080 Card can with a suitable reciver will give you access to High Defination TV from Satellite Encrypted channels in Irdeto this card is valid for HD1 and HD2/5* until 2010
You can also get reciver and card packages, but not much ado with HD as of yet m8.
Like most of us m8, we all been at the begining some time or other, and got to start some were, but would be best to get a reciver that say its easy to upload the software to if he not wanting to do the keys manualy.
Going motorised is the right way even for a beginer as you get the besy of all sat possisions.
Would go for a slight bigger dish like a 88cm or even 98cm that way you will get all channels that are worth geting. ;)

Dr X

krazylegz
25-04-2007, 03:38 PM
wait for the dreambox DM8000 to come out m8 which is HD enabled.

i'd got for at least a 1m dish m8

deskmonkey
29-04-2007, 11:35 AM
thanks for the info guys.

i don't think he's going to ge this head round it at the mo.

recon he's better off with main stream stuff for now.

but i'm interested. just have to sneak it past the wife ;-)

deskmonkey