PDA

View Full Version : UK04 Freezing

pac_man
14-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi

I was wondering whether could help me out here. I have UK04 on my dreambox and it seems to freeze on every other channel like every 10minutes. This is starting to piss me off as half way through a footi match it freezes. Does anyone know a better image or how to get around this problem.

Thanks Guys
PaC - MaN

scruff1963
14-04-2007, 09:56 AM
has it only just started to do it (timeline ?)
does you cc box freeze at the same time (feed from cc)

Lots of images in the download area but 1st you need to find out if it is the image or not.

pac_man
14-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I wouldnt say its started recently but its getting worse. I think it may be the image as i have the same img on 2 boxes and i have a problem on both. what is ccbox by the way??:oops:

scruff1963
14-04-2007, 10:18 AM
cc box is the cable company box, i'm assuming you pay a minimum sub.
it may not be the image it could be a feed problem, changing the image will not help that.

pac_man
14-04-2007, 10:34 AM
hmmm...when i had a eurovox i never used to get freezing channels? i sold it to get a dreambox, and it freezes. its strange. what do you reckon i could do then to the feed?

scruff1963
14-04-2007, 10:39 AM
you havn't answered the question as to does it do it with your cc box.

I won't help anyone who doesn't at least pay minimum subs, thats what killed ondigital.

you could always try a search

pac_man
14-04-2007, 10:43 AM
We pay more than the min sub, cause we pay for 10mb broadband and the tv package which is over ?15. It never used to happen to our cc box. Never experienced no trouble.

Timoweb
14-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Does it happen if you turn the emu (evocam etc) off and watch FTA channels?

pac_man
14-04-2007, 10:57 AM
to be honest mate ive never watched a FTA channel for longer than 10 mins.. lol. But now that you mention that i dont think its ever froze on a fta channel. ive never turnedevocam off. i dont no what it is or how to turn it off??:oops:

Timoweb
14-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Its the cam that lets you watch locked channels. Not had UK04 on for awhile but i think its on a extras menu on the main menu. If even FTA (eg ITV1) freeze it looks like a signal feed problem (like droping out). You could try a booster behind your box to try to up the signal or call your cc.

pac_man
14-04-2007, 01:53 PM
thanks for he help guys. What booster do you recommend? Are there any boosters with F connector inputs?

bsdbm
14-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Shop for 1 Way Plug-In Aerial Booster. at Argos.co.uk (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. That's the one i and most dreambox users have

gsmlord
19-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I have a problem with ITV2 & ITV3 freezing..! Thinking it was the signal I purchased a signal booster from the company that supply NTL/Virgin all there hardware and even that didn't work. I also bought a reel of genuine hi-grade NTL/Virgin coax with genuine compression fit connectors and that didn't work either.

My question is;

1. how do you get virgin to up the signal strength?
2. what level should it be to provide a strong enough signal to support 3 dreamboxes, 1 telephone & broadband?
3. does the signal strength drop when your sharing with other users down your street (shared contention)?

Hope someone can help.

Timoweb
19-04-2007, 07:14 PM
You could tell them your getting internet drop out between 6-7 pm. Say your net keeps going off around that time but it runs perfect at 3 in the morning.

Give them any old :horse****:just keep complaining lol.

oldskool
27-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I just asked them to turn up the gain on my cable feed as my cable keeps disconnecting. I dont know if thats the right terminology but it worked. A word of warning though, they sent an engineer round to check it so make sure you hide your box and any suspicious cables lol. They still turned the gain up, si Im not sure if the engineer actualy checked anything. My missus was in at the time so I didn't see what he did.