PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Power Connection

fergalsworld
10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Got a problem were i plug my power into my laptop the connection to the moby is soldered with 3 pins which is incased in a black plastic housing.
Well the black plastic housing has cracked in a few places i have managed to solder the 3 pins but when you plug the power lead in it spreads the plastic housing apart and it wont created a connection and charge up anymor:cussing: e.
Anyone know were i can buy a replacement part from i
Its a Fujitsu Lifebook C-1020
Thanks.

joemailey
10-04-2007, 10:44 PM
If your in the UK give here a call.

L0W C0ST UK Laptop Repair Backlight, DC Power Socket Pin Tiny Inverter dim lcd Sony, Time (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. they could help :)

or try E-bay althou all i can find is batteries :O

bbr81
19-04-2007, 12:52 AM
ebay or a search on a search engine usually comes up with companies that do replacement parts for laptops

tonybod
19-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Got a problem were i plug my power into my laptop the connection to the moby is soldered with 3 pins which is incased in a black plastic housing.
Well the black plastic housing has cracked in a few places i have managed to solder the 3 pins but when you plug the power lead in it spreads the plastic housing apart and it wont created a connection and charge up anymore.

A mate of mine had a problem where his kids destroyed the power connector on his laptop. He got one of Maplin code FK06G, I managed to get two of the three pins soldered to the motherboard in the correct place. The third I had to bend out of the way and run a separate wire to where it should have been soldered. Hope all that makes sense. With two pins soldered properly, the connector stayed in place ok without any glue, it just didn't fit completely flush with the back of the computer casing. But the main thing is it worked fine.

hxxp://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Hope this helps.

Tony.