PDA

View Full Version : Digital on my laptop

babble25
08-04-2007, 01:43 AM
hey guys woz wondering if i could get some advice.

Work away a lot and usually have to stay in some dodgy cheap hotels, is there a relatively easy way to get freeview thro my laptop, preferably without carrying 200kgs of aerial etc. as it would make life a lot more bearable in the evenings

dx100-uk
09-04-2007, 01:30 AM
get a freeview USB stick
lots on the market.
some even take a std aerial connection so you could use a small table top aerial if ness

dx100uk

kryten77
20-04-2007, 06:02 AM
I know this is a bit late but.....

When I'm out and about this is the one I use

Ebuyer DVB-T USB 2.0 freeview digital TV stick including software and aerial (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. For the price it is excellent. Aerial supplied is a bit of a joke though.

Jite
29-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I use a Sumvision T680 stick. It works OK but I am using a rooftop ariel.

Jite

Mickey Padge
15-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Hauppauge make a few USB style TV cards, and they work very well.

Also for the higher end product you have FireDtv. I use the FireDtv DVB-C product and it works very well indeed.

As mentioned though, the signal is the important factor and it's most likely you will need to connect to a roof aerial for DVB-T.

shaan
31-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi guys i have Toshiba qosmio laptop with built in digital tuner which can receive freeview channels.I hav tried rooftop airial and it works fine.I have tried different indoor airials and they get nothing so wat the best indoor airial to get.Help appriciated.thanx

heady
05-02-2008, 07:00 AM
I picked up an AzureWave USB stick over the weekend from Maplin (?14.99!)

It's not too bad, my rooftop aerial gets 5 muxs on my GDB3 and 4 muxs on the AzureWave card. It is a bit over sensitive to signal drop, but I got it so that I can go to friends houses and prove that they can get digital in their area without an aerial upgrade (What with most of the muxs being in band in this area). The only other complaint is that it is a bit processor intensive, but after speaking to the manufacturer, it may be that my machine is scaling the picture up to 1920 x 1200 on the laptop panel. I'm going to try it at lower resolutions tonight, I'll let you know if it improves the results.

Still for ?15 I can't really complain.

Heady-

grexeo
29-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Make sure you have video overlay enabled because without it your CPU will be doing all the work instead of your graphics card. But lowering the resolution should help.

You should also try reducing the colour depth to 16 bit because all SDTV broadcasts use 16 bit colour anyway. (But remember to switch it back because it will make everything else look worse)

stevie84
10-10-2012, 08:26 PM
try tvcatchup.com

PRB64
20-02-2013, 10:22 PM
this is interesting to me and pointed me in the right direction as i too travel alot for work and have been looking for a good price/quality usb dtv device