PDA

View Full Version : signal booster

cryptic x
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
whats the best signal booster for eurovox max

were to buy one thanks in advance

Dr X
12-04-2007, 11:33 PM
One i have used a few times on installs m8 were the ones from the good olg maplins, and compaired to most of the boosters that promise you lots and delever none, this ones well worth the money m8 ....
Digital TV Signal Booster (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36576&doy=3m5)
:wink:

cryptic x
13-04-2007, 12:15 PM
thanks for your reply m8 will have a trip down tomoz cheers

Timoweb
13-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Argos do one for ?8.99 not bad for the price and it has a gain control.

cryptic x
13-04-2007, 02:09 PM
thanks for that m8

bobbykerr
17-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Before you go to Maplins or Argos or Comet or Currys....just some of my experience may help.
First is it the Output to the TV u want to boost or the Input to the decoder (your digibox).
If it is to the TV then yes any of the above outlets will sell you a TV signal booster.
BUT this is useless for boosting your cable signal input. The frequency of this signal is around 860Mhz. The TV output signal is about 600Mhz so bluntly IT WONT WORK!
My guess also is that you have some splitters in-line hence the need for a booster. Remember each outlet or splitter will drop your signal strength by 6dB. NTL can only supply your house with a max signal of -25bD...so do your sums with each splitter u add.

Now for the good news. I have 8 little beauties all boosted with 2 amps.
You need a Proffesional Antenne Amplifier made by KONIG (German) and found on ebay. I bought 2 and at ?33 each inc a real bargain. Next day del too. Trust me anything you get from those retailers above WILL NOT WORK.

mcfisco
18-04-2007, 07:26 AM
The 2 amps [boosters] listed above will indeed amplify the input signal to your cable STB the first one listed does however have a gap in the frequency range between 230 & 470MHz - so it's not ideal if you are are problems with the lower frequencies
The 2nd one from Argos is ideal though as it is a wideband jobbie & covers the full range from 47-862MHz so is ideal for a cable STB, it also has gain control for fine tuning

I'm not sure where the above poster has got his info from but the normal TV band for the UK is between 470 & 860MHz, depending on which transmitter you get your normal TV from
Cable feeds [in my area] are between 323 & 739MHz

cryptic x
18-04-2007, 12:49 PM
thanks everyone for your replys it was on a splitter and it was the splitter that was knackered changed it everything ok now once again thanks

patch
19-04-2007, 05:43 PM
can someone please help me with the booster from argos ?8.99. does it go after the cable box screwed to the wall and before the splitter. thanks

mcfisco
19-04-2007, 05:56 PM
You can put it anywhere on the line - where you put it depends on your set up.
If you are having problems with the signal to a Dbox [or similar] simply take the current feed out of the Dbox & put it in the input to the amp & then feed the output of the amp to the Dbox.

justbenjp
19-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Go on american ebay (ebay.com) and seach for "motorola signal booster", i use one of these indoors works a treat

YOU WILL NEED A STEPDOWN CONVERT 240 to 110!

TAKEN FROM EBAY
--------------------------------------------------------

MOTOROLA SIGNAL BOOSTER

The Motorola Signal Booster enhances Analog and Digital Picture quality, and reduces lost data. This device also allows you to optimize multiple broadband devices in your home — Televisions, Cable Set-top Boxes, Cable Modems, VCRs, and Digital Radios -- all from one convenient cable. What's more, it's easy to install and tools are not required.

The Motorola signal booster amplifies the signal strength of your broadband service up to 32 times to Eliminate the frustration of Poor Reception, Snowy/Grainy Pictures, and Data Loss when watching Cable TV and Movies, or using your Broadband Internet Connection.

Enable the use of multiple Broadband Devices - TVs (analog/HDTV), Cable Set-Top Boxes (Digital/Analog), Cable Modems, VCRs and Digital Radios.