PDA

View Full Version : 2 operating systems?

mohamm
03-04-2007, 03:17 PM
hi.

in my pc i got 1 hard drive.

its been partitioned to 3. c, d and e

c is 116gb, d is 107gb and e is 8.54gb

my operating system, xp is on c.

on d, i have all my music files and when my c messes up, i bunk everything from c to d.

is it possible to install vista onto d?

what about the files i got on d, do i have to move them to c before i can do that?

how can i choose which op system i wanna run?

if i wana get rid of vista, which i most likely will wana, how will i do that? and will the drive be completely wiped?

mickyrobbo
03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
hi.
in my pc i got 1 hard drive.
its been partitioned to 3. c, d and e
c is 116gb, d is 107gb and e is 8.54gb
my operating system, xp is on c.
on d, i have all my music files and when my c messes up, i bunk everything from c to d.
is it possible to install vista onto d?
what about the files i got on d, do i have to move them to c before i can do that?
how can i choose which op system i wanna run?
if i wana get rid of vista, which i most likely will wana, how will i do that? and will the drive be completely wiped?
Hi I have done this on my mates laptop you can put on an other system alright and when on booting up pc it gives you the option
on what one you want to use,,

mohamm
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
should i move whatevers on my d drive to my c?

mickyrobbo
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Yes move what ever you need then install your opperating System to d as if you dont you will lose what ever is on that partition,, Your probily better backing up all your stuff to be on the SAFE side anyway,and to be honest I dont think it is good to have two on your pc ,,,as I cant see the benifits from this,,

mohamm
03-04-2007, 09:59 PM
i want the second just to try it out.

my copy of xp is legal wheras vista is downloaded.

would i be abe to remove vista easily afterwards?

mickyrobbo
03-04-2007, 10:03 PM
yes just format that Partition,and start over,,good luck

ssmacc
09-04-2007, 01:06 PM
do a search for 'EasyBCD 1.52' you'll need this, makes the whole process very simple. plenty of guides out there just goggle it.

Hope this helps

mohamm
09-04-2007, 03:24 PM
now whats this thing about? lol

ssmacc
09-04-2007, 05:38 PM
You've already got a D Drive so you won't need to do the first bit...

How to dual-boot Vista with XP - step-by-step guide with screenshots | APC Magazine (http://apcmag.com/5023/dual_booting_xp_with_vista)