PDA

View Full Version : windows logon screen missing

BakkiPoucH
02-04-2007, 03:00 PM
i have 2 windows accounts on my commy 1 for me 1 for the miss's but i reformated last week after that and i added another account for her

but it doesnt ask who's logging in just goes straight to my account
but if u log off it shows the login screen so she can login her account

i think it must be sumthing disabled but aint gotta a clue what

thanks in advance

Shipoftheline
02-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm guessing you are using the default admin account which normally stays hidden once you setup another account. I have the same setup on one of my machines. Default hidden admin account, then my admin account and then my sons account

y2krog2000
02-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Sounds like you just have your account on your computer, click the start button and then click on your picture then click home it will let you see what accounts are on your computer and it will let you set up more.

BakkiPoucH
02-04-2007, 05:00 PM
no i defo have 2 accounts on here because when i log off the logon screen comes up and ask which account

its when u first start the commy it doesnt ask which account u want to go it just into goes to mine

y2krog2000
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
If you go to that bit I said to "its called user accounts" it lets you change a few things, dont know if it will fix ure problem but it might.

Speedy2206
02-04-2007, 05:32 PM
If the above suggestions dont work:

1. Click on the Start Menu, then click on "Run"
2. Type "control userpasswords2" (without quotes), and hit enter
3. Make sure the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" box is TICKED.
4. Make sure that there is more than 1 username in the users list. If there is only 1 user; create a new one by using the "Add" button.
5. Click OK to save the changes, then restart your PC.

Hope this helps :)

BakkiPoucH
03-04-2007, 11:32 PM
If the above suggestions dont work:

1. Click on the Start Menu, then click on "Run"
2. Type "control userpasswords2" (without quotes), and hit enter
3. Make sure the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" box is TICKED.
4. Make sure that there is more than 1 username in the users list. If there is only 1 user; create a new one by using the "Add" button.
5. Click OK to save the changes, then restart your PC.

Hope this helps :)

did this and it worked thanks very much