PDA

View Full Version : moniter trouble

Miss L
01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
dont know how to tell this but here goes
when you turn your pc on the moniter automatically comes on, but mine dosnt, can anyone tell me what i need to do or do i need something doin to my pc checked all the cables etc and there all in properly :cussing: :cussing:

evilclive
01-04-2007, 10:22 PM
dont know how to tell this but here goes
when you turn your pc on the moniter automatically comes on...
For this to happen, you would normally need to connect the monitor's power lead to the power pass-through socket on your PC's power supply, and leave the power button at the front switched on. Then the power supply to the monitor is cut when the PSU is inactive (i.e. the computer is off).

dx100-uk
01-04-2007, 11:43 PM
has it just started doing this?
typically you dont touch the monitor at all
connect the vga lead and just operate the shutdown option on windows.
when the mon has not received a signal for a while
it should go into auto stamdby
then come out of it as you restart the pc.

...what is not happening..

Miss L
02-04-2007, 10:41 AM
when i shut it down it does go into standby but when i start back up the monitor just wont come back on,tryed turning it on seperatly but just says no signal
cheers

Hunter
02-04-2007, 11:10 AM
For this to happen, you would normally need to connect the monitor's power lead to the power pass-through socket on your PC's power supply, and leave the power button at the front switched on. Then the power supply to the monitor is cut when the PSU is inactive (i.e. the computer is off).
IEE regulations will now not allow the passthrough type power supply to be sold anymore
if you notice on all the new pc,s and PSU,s there is now no connection for the monitor so monotors now has moulded plugs fitted.

best way to check to see if it is either the monitor or graphics card would be to plug in another monitor to see if that works

dx100-uk
02-04-2007, 11:35 AM
i would change/try another VGA<>VGA cable.

has this just started to do it
or has it always done it?

dx100uk:rose:

Miss L
02-04-2007, 04:34 PM
i would change/try another VGA<>VGA cable.

has this just started to do it
or has it always done it?

dx100uk:rose:
it started doin it with another monitor i had so i thought it was that so i went and bought a new one and its doin it with that one too arrgghhh

dx100-uk
02-04-2007, 05:42 PM
ok
now are you using the same lead from the graphics card to the new monitor as you did with the old one?
if so change the VGA<>VGA lead

if not, then you are going to need to reseat your graphics card [is it a card or is it built-in on the motherboard??]

what is the PC???

also, be aware that dust/heat will cause all manner of problems inside.
when was the last time is got a blow out or hoover.

if its a sep graphics card in a slot, then hooft it out
give it a goodclean
and stick it back in

dx100uk:48:

evilclive
03-04-2007, 10:16 PM
when i shut it down it does go into standby but when i start back up the monitor just wont come back on,tryed turning it on seperatly but just says no signal
cheers

I once had a motherboard (a Tyan S1571) where the BIOS had a bug: if Windows 95 told it to shut down, it couldn't then restart - not by Ctrl-Alt-Del or by hitting the reset button.

The workaround was to turn the computer off at the mains: it would work perfectly from a cold boot.

You can see if you've got a similar problem by shutting down the computer, and then pulling the mains lead out of the computer PSU for about ten seconds. (Leave the monitor powered up, so as to be sure that it is responding properly to a wake-up signal.)