PDA

View Full Version : Pausing on 500c

modman
31-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi, I have loaded the latest Gemini image on a 500c but am still having similar problems to uk 1.6 on some channels. This problem is that every so often it pauses for about 30-60 seconds and then works again. I tried changing auto cams but some dont work and the others still pause. Im in the ex c/w area if that makes a difference, any help would be good, thanks

Timoweb
31-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi, I have loaded the latest Gemini image on a 500c but am still having similar problems to uk 1.6 on some channels. This problem is that every so often it pauses for about 30-60 seconds and then works again. I tried changing auto cams but some dont work and the others still pause. Im in the ex c/w area if that makes a difference, any help would be good, thanks
This could be a signal problem. Try your box as close to the wall socket as you can with no splitters in and see if its still does this on the worse channels.

Donnie Darko
31-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Try an earlier cam currently am using mgcam/evocam versions from last year,the newer versions seem to suffer with freezing.

modman
31-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the info ill try an older cam, i doubt its a signal issue because it is on a splitter now but it still pauses on a direct connection.

Timoweb
01-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Its easy use FlashFXP or similar, there is a guide read http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f84/dreambox-how-v-0-5-a-11615.html file Dreambox help file its fully covered in it m8.

Woodentop
04-04-2007, 12:05 AM
did putting those cams onto the box fix the problem? I am also having the same problem. I am running DW 1.6 should i upgrade to 1.6.2?

neillers
11-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Filezilla is a great east and free FTP tool

snook123
13-04-2007, 09:26 AM
was interested in whether this worked with new cams. thanks

ELMO9191
15-04-2007, 07:04 PM
my dad was having the same prob turned out when he installed a splitter to the dreambox he had bought the wrong cable hes sinced replaced the cable with the correct type and no more freezing
i installed dw 1.6.2 and yep it was happening to me so i reinstalled 1.6 all is cool again :)

gsmlord
19-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Which channels do you suffer with freezing? The wife loves American Idol on ITV2 and that's the main channel that suffer together with ITV3. Has anyone got experience of changing cams to see if this cures the problem?

Timoweb
19-04-2007, 07:34 PM
That 723026MHz freq that ITV2 is on is a pain i have had probs getting it before. Now working fine make sure splitters cover 5-1000MHz and use the SXP1 booster from argos (i tried 3 with no luck) turn the gain fully down re-scan and ITV2 should then get picked up. This has worked on two boxes for me in diff houses so it should work!

corky_the_bung
20-04-2007, 06:18 PM
That 723026MHz freq that ITV2 is on is a pain i have had probs getting it before. Now working fine make sure splitters cover 5-1000MHz and use the SXP1 booster from argos (i tried 3 with no luck) turn the gain fully down re-scan and ITV2 should then get picked up. This has worked on two boxes for me in diff houses so it should work!

The ITV2 thing is interesting. Originally I had my 500c in the back room of the house. So there was maybe 10 meters of cable between the white cc box on the wall & the 500c. Later on I moved rooms so now it is much closer to the white box, I rescanned and ITV2 (pus ~15 other channels) magically appeared. So the coax (which was cc stuff) must have reduced the signal strength.

Do different channels have different signal strengths or bandwidths?

Timoweb
22-04-2007, 07:22 PM
The ITV2 thing is interesting. Originally I had my 500c in the back room of the house. So there was maybe 10 meters of cable between the white cc box on the wall & the 500c. Later on I moved rooms so now it is much closer to the white box, I rescanned and ITV2 (pus ~15 other channels) magically appeared. So the coax (which was cc stuff) must have reduced the signal strength.

Do different channels have different signal strengths or bandwidths?
Yes m8 they do, also splitters and conections can make you loose same frequences. The internal coax cc's use is not the best i defo dont recomend it. Some peeps think they have a perfect signal because they are getting ITV1 perfect but they havent they are getting a part signal and they dont belive me when i tell them they need a booster lol.

Timoweb
22-04-2007, 08:01 PM
If you know the code for the cable you are using you can use this calculator website. Tells you your cable att drop and efficency.

http://www.timesmicrowave.com/cgi-bin/calculate.pl

corky_the_bung
22-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Bought a booster today at Homebase. 15 quid. Was seeing a bit of (vey occassional)freezing and pixellation. Seems to have helped although it is probably too early to say if the problem is cured.
The freezing and pixellation seems to correlate to high BER values (which are normally zero). I'll keep an eye on this and report back.

I think the signal strength/bandwidth may vary according to the time of day, is that possible?

whirlweb
06-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi here are two cam you can try ftp to tmp and and install manually with blue button option****
I have ftp and manual installed, however I cant see how I now select the new cam? I have pressed blue button then Red button but the available cams are what was there before, I also looked in pluggins ( blue 6 ) and couldnt see anything of relevence in there. What do I need to do to select the new cam I have just manually uploaded?

corky_the_bung
14-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Bought a booster today at Homebase. 15 quid. Was seeing a bit of (very occasional)freezing and pixellation. Seems to have helped although it is probably too early to say if the problem is cured.
The freezing and pixellation seems to correlate to high BER values (which are normally zero). I'll keep an eye on this and report back.
I think the signal strength/bandwidth may vary according to the time of day, is that possible?

The booster from b&q may even have made things worse. I now sometimes get a "service could not be found" message on some channels like bbc1. Moving to another channel (maybe on a different mux) to where a picture is received and back to the original faulty channel cures this. Bit of a pain really. I tried a high quality coax (gold connectors) between the booster and the 500c but this didn't help either. I have a 3 way splitter in line. One for broadband, one for the 500c and one for the CC box.
Seems like I've swapped an occasional annoying pixellation for this much more annoying "service could not be found" issue.

I tried MGcamd1.22/Ronald-CS but this seemed to loose channels. Would I need to re-scan in this case?

I plan on buying a SLx1P in Argos. Looks like it's got variable gain. Something else to play with!

All suggestions/advice gratefully received :-)

Timoweb
15-05-2007, 11:00 AM
The booster from b&q may even have made things worse. I now sometimes get a "service could not be found" message on some channels like bbc1. Moving to another channel (maybe on a different mux) to where a picture is received and back to the original faulty channel cures this. Bit of a pain really. I tried a high quality coax (gold connectors) between the booster and the 500c but this didn't help either. I have a 3 way splitter in line. One for broadband, one for the 500c and one for the CC box.
Seems like I've swapped an occasional annoying pixellation for this much more annoying "service could not be found" issue.

I tried MGcamd1.22/Ronald-CS but this seemed to loose channels. Would I need to re-scan in this case?

I plan on buying a SLx1P in Argos. Looks like it's got variable gain. Something else to play with!

All suggestions/advice gratefully received :-)

Most boosters make the signal too strong thats whats good about the argos SLX1P because you can adjust it. Mine is turned down to min on my SLX1P and if i turn it up i loose signal.

corky_the_bung
21-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Most boosters make the signal too strong thats whats good about the argos SLX1P because you can adjust it. Mine is turned down to min on my SLX1P and if i turn it up i loose signal.

Unfortunately The slx1p didn't help. I was getting the same freezing/"service not found" message at high gain and at low gain it was grossly pixelating. "service not found" meant a channel change to fix. In a moment of desperation I reflashed with uk 1.62 (had been using gemini 3.40; one I'd hacked together myself). This still gave issues with the slx1p. I tried the b&q booster and that seems to work fine. Been running for a couple of days now and no more "service not found" message. Occasionally there is a minor freeze on news24 but th uk 1.62 image seems to be able to resolve this, whereas the gemini 3.40 would get "stuck" and only a channel change would fix it.

I suppose this could be a cam issue. Anybody know what uk 1.62 uses? I'd tried various cams on gemini 3.40 but didn't do an exhaustive study.

So....happy camper! Would be good to understand the real cause though.

Thanks to all for the inputs.