PDA

View Full Version : PACE4001 STUCK IN TUNE information

twobeercans
17-06-2006, 09:11 PM
No doubt some of you have pace4001's boxes that are still stuck in tune or have to be fast booted to get them going. Even some have low DB's on the tuners and you have done everything to get them going. Even the stuck in tune guide??? Well the Appendix B to the stuck in tune guide will be released on World Of Digital this coming week. It will include fully illustrated documentation as well as the entire proceedure for servicing the box, after much testing on dead boxes that didn't fall into the stuck in tune guide, i have discovered a system of component changes that is very cheap fairly easy to undertake and thus far has cured all low DB's and stuck in tunes.
the system also cures the problem of boxes that will only fast boot even though they have good signal strengths. also fixes NIT and PAT problems.

if any of you have stuck in tune 4001's knocking around would you post the exact details of your problem in this thread including up and down stream DB's.

cheers twobeercans.

Privateman
18-06-2006, 09:06 PM
My experience is, Stuck in TUNE, .... No signal getting to the box, replace the tuner

Privateman
18-06-2006, 09:08 PM
No updates, No scanning, No data, No signal, Either Tuner OR cable line fault, put an ol' analogue on the cable feed to check, but i have replaced tuners and it solves it

2tone
20-06-2006, 07:26 AM
I think twobeercans is looking people to post the errors they have at the min with stuck in tune so he can do part b to the stuck in tune guide,not all boxes you can change the tunner as there could be caps gone or other things ,have an old 4001 about some were ill have to dig it out and see what the pro was with it again.

twobeercans
20-06-2006, 07:32 AM
the appendix B for the stuck in tune guide has been finished a short while lol.
I wanted hear about peeps problems with these boxes to make sure i had covered more or less 100% of the problems as i believe i have.

regards twobeercans

sammy
20-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi twobeercans

I have this collection of old posts on the subject dont know if they will help

Sammy

twobeercans
20-06-2006, 07:46 AM
yep covered all of that. comeon guys lets have some really nasty wierd ones lol. these are all in the 70p fix

twobeercans

tell yourfriends from elsewhere ect - the tune guide pt2 will be released here only a full week before anywhere else. lets get em all fixed cos i'm sick off hearing about the 4001 problems peeps have

2tone
20-06-2006, 10:13 PM
dont know why but was able to get it from anothere forum cant find it here

twobeercans
20-06-2006, 10:25 PM
it was posted here 2 hrs before anywhere else lmao - but peeps missed it lol
its here http://world-of-digital.com/forums/general-cable-t-v/1652-cable-forum-first-stuck-tune-ap.html

@2tone i trust the file is intact and unedited? i e containing the world of digital watermark

twobeercans

2tone
20-06-2006, 10:42 PM
yes twobeercans it was all ok, post was from spudy and witchy2k1 think i was looking in the wrong place.This makes good reading on my second read and hope to give this ago, have an old 4001 just have to find it and give it ago thanks

twobeercans
20-06-2006, 10:49 PM
no worries mate - before you startmake sure you don't have the dreaded mute error when the card is out lol and use new caps. second hand ones rarely work if at all

twobeercans

2tone
20-06-2006, 10:56 PM
will do think ill goto maplins tomorrow after work then find this box,will be nice to bring the old girl back to life lol

jb79
28-07-2006, 06:58 PM
I had the stuck in tune.

A friend of mine done the soldering iron thing and tested it out at his house and my box worked perfectly but when I plugged it back in at my house its still saying stuck in tune. Please help!

twobeercans
01-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I had the stuck in tune.
A friend of mine done the soldering iron thing and tested it out at his house and my box worked perfectly but when I plugged it back in at my house its still saying stuck in tune. Please help!

power it up while holding the ch down button until it boots - if it boots to ch0 you have a cable feed problem

stonned2thebone
01-08-2006, 06:55 PM
had a few of these but only on the 4001
most of the time the risisters was burnt out under the board
one even had a hole burnt nearly through the board
haveing changed caps tuners and a few other parts still stayed on sot
but one of the boxes did come of sot went pace/boot then just said stop on display never seen this one b4 so put it aside for now
seem though that the problem in pure area is that it wont st its id and if you use a fun it makes no differance you can set the id but wont boot
also all of the clocks go back to 1980
it says there is a good signal but network not found
also one of the chips on top of the board gets very hot which would explain why there is burn outs under the board

jb79
01-08-2006, 08:11 PM
power it up while holding the ch down button until it boots - if it boots to ch0 you have a cable feed problem

yes it goes to ch0 when i do that - if I change the cable will that make a difference?

twobeercans
01-08-2006, 09:38 PM
seems your signal is weak or non existant remove all splitters ect and try straight onto the cable that come into your house

jb79
01-08-2006, 09:45 PM
seems your signal is weak or non existant remove all splitters ect and try straight onto the cable that come into your house
yeah, it works ok when i plug it in before the split.

should i call nthell and say my broadband is running slow then they will give the line a boost?

twobeercans
01-08-2006, 10:42 PM
change the splitter mate - could be a faulty one - they can be purchased from maplins

jb79
01-08-2006, 11:14 PM
change the splitter mate - could be a faulty one - they can be purchased from maplins

but my broadband works ok from the splitter - i changed them round to see if that made any difference but still same prob

twobeercans
02-08-2006, 07:32 AM
my broadband will work on half the signal that my cable box works on mate. it is possible the cc have got wise to this and turned the signal down lol.
but if you box works through and unsplit signal then you should defo try changing the splitter.

suby786
20-10-2006, 12:10 AM
I have a weird problem,

1 day i was watchin tv, some channels started to stutter, for ages..so i turned box OFF and then back on (via pplug) and since then the box does NOT come of TUNE.

I check the eng menu, it says CANT LOCK ONTO HOME FREQ and CANT LOCK ON TO LAST FREQ.

It WONT force boot, boot comes up for 2secs and then the box turns OFF.

Where would i realistically start? i have another working 4001 (only the tuner works the atmels have gone on that i think)

Shall i swap the tuners 1st? if so the long silvet tuner has another silver BLOCK connected to it.. i read somwhere the tuner slots out from the back so how can the WHOLE thing come out?

Dry solder joints? and cap issues...where shall i start 1st,,, dont mind gettin my hands dirty i can solder

i CANT download ANYTHING from the site, even though post count over 15, i click the guide and nothing comes up after... :(

HELPPPP

alexm12002
23-10-2006, 04:54 PM
i have a 4001 that goes pace,tune,nit, starting then goes to 0 ive reade the above post you said it could be a cable fault but my sammy works ok, ive tried a direct feed into the box but still the same any more ideas please m8

Livo-san
30-12-2006, 10:26 PM
I have excatly the same situation as previous post.

Sammy works fine on same feed...:Hammer: