PDA

View Full Version : Hdmi, Hd-divx?

ssmacc
30-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Hello,

not too sure which section to put this under so sorry if i've got it wrong..

The machine advertised on Pixmania (see link), will play DIVX's and has a HDMI output. It doesn't play HD-DVD or Blu-ray so what is the point in having a HDMI output if that's the case? Would it potentially be able to output Hi Def DIVX?

LG RH-277H DVD /RECORDER review cheap prices RH-277H DVD /RECORDER LG best buy discount online uk shop (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. My XBOX (XBMC) can for example output 720 DIVX, but a friends DIVX player can not, I?d guess the HDMI will not able to output 720 DIVX but I thought I?d ask!

Cheers

wim
29-04-2007, 05:42 PM
The HDMI on these DVD players is for "upscaling" video output to higher resolution. It is meant to be for DVD's, but i expect that it will allow for HiRes DivX files to be output too.
Am looking to buy a Samsung one soon, so would be interested to hear what you think of the quality difference.
Cheers
WiM

Upscaling DVD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upscaling_DVD)
Good guide on Upscaling. Looks like DivX is ouput at high res too.

Collider
29-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Says it will play DVD+R dual layer discs so you could put a HD film in divx on a dual layer disc and play it through the player to a HD telly if you have one,this would be what the HDMI port is for ;)