PDA

View Full Version : am i missing something obvious?

fatchap
28-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Took an image of a working dreambox (with channels working fine). Put the image on a brand new dreambox (using filewizrdpro thingybob program) and yet the new box cannot find any signal, services / epg when connected up. All menus etc work fine, and the channels lists etc are all there.

If i go back to basics and do a scan, it will find the valid transponder, but will not find any channels / services (even free to air ones), and it won't ever pick up the correct timedate signal.

I would have assumed an image should work first time... ie its a carbon copy of working box. Am i missing something obvious?

rgds,

notanotherone
28-03-2007, 10:34 AM
make sure it is a .img file! wot is your boot up screen ?when the box is switched on?wot is the image sometimes its better to reflash with a newer image and see if that is the problem

fatchap
28-03-2007, 12:36 PM
using the file wizrd pro i created a backup of working box, and then installed this backup to the new box, are you saying you believe a backup isn't a full image?

I also have trialled 2 other images from the downloads section onto this new box and it still won't find any services.

rgds

Timoweb
28-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Try the UK1.6 image in the download section it auto sets to use new tuners (check it is set to new tuner anyway). Flash and try a scan on first load (dont send service file). See if this works if not you might have a box problem.

fatchap
28-03-2007, 11:19 PM
You said:
Try the UK1.6 image in the download section it auto sets to use new tuners (check it is set to new tuner anyway). Flash and try a scan on first load (dont send service file). See if this works if not you might have a box problem.

I said:
tried version uk1.6, & did a bruteforce scan. It will happily report that it finds transponders, but no services found.

How do I check it is set to new tuner please?

I should also say.. this is a legit box with correct hologram as well. its blinking frustrating....

Without any other ideas, I guess i need to send it back asap.
cheers,

fatchap
28-03-2007, 11:53 PM
btw...
With the 1.6 image.. would i need to have also loaded any cam / keys / nagra files anywhere or is it just plug and play?

Timoweb
29-03-2007, 09:27 AM
btw...
With the 1.6 image.. would i need to have also loaded any cam / keys / nagra files anywhere or is it just plug and play?
Its totally plug and play (every thing you need in it). I dont use brute force i allways select area symbol rate 6887 (or 6952).

To get to the tuner change screen DW Dream Menu via the button (on tv blank screen press the blue button).

P.S. its blinking frustrating.... yeah it can be hang in there m8.

fatchap
29-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Rang the supplier this morning and they want me to send box back to them... oh well, try again with another box...

Cheers for the helpful advice. :)

Timoweb
29-03-2007, 02:36 PM
No problem, i hope you get it sorted soon m8.