PDA

View Full Version : epg file?

krazylegz
26-03-2007, 07:00 PM
ok lads didnt know where to put this so al put here and ask you's.

the epg on my satellite dreambox is a little crap to say the least,so was wondering if the file from a cable box will be compatible on my sat box?

i'm using dm500_n8plus_v2.03_20070306

Speedy2206
26-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Depends what you mean mate. You could try copying sectionsd from a DBOX image and putting it into the Dreambox neutrino? Although I found that the dreambox was very fussy and the sectionsd would constantly crash. What exactly is wrong with the EPG on your sat box? Maybe a patch could be written for it.

krazylegz
26-03-2007, 07:27 PM
just some channels dont show any epg on them liam,and the ones that do only show 1 program and thats it.

just i noticed there was a modiied version of the image i'm using for cable so wondering if cydine or cryo has modified the sectionsd file for better epg and wondering if it'll work in my sat box.

only one way to tell i suppose lol.........

Speedy2206
26-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Very strange.
Just one question for you mate... how the **** did you get 11600kb downstream on that speedtest!

krazylegz
26-03-2007, 07:35 PM
10 meg modem m8 i normally get 1200 ish on newsgroups

pt-1
26-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Sky UK uses Private EPG and the Dbox cannot decode that

Search for a post of me and Nitr8 ;-) in the Dbox Section

smeghead
27-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Havent tried the PLI Garnet image myself but apparently it can provide a sky epg by reading xml files from the Radio Times web-site.
Theres also a tv guide plugin floating around thats not exactly an epg (its separate from the DB epg and you cant change channels via it) but gives details of all the major european channels including sky and is accessed via blue button (unfortunately only works with enigma images).I have tried this on a gemini image and its quite impressive (updated daily about 10AM)

krazylegz
27-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Havent tried the PLI Garnet image myself but apparently it can provide a sky epg by reading xml files from the Radio Times web-site.
Theres also a tv guide plugin floating around thats not exactly an epg (its separate from the DB epg and you cant change channels via it) but gives details of all the major european channels including sky and is accessed via blue button (unfortunately only works with enigma images).I have tried this on a gemini image and its quite impressive (updated daily about 10AM)

yeah i had this on gemeni 3.40 but i prefer neutrino images as u can arrange bouqets a lot better than enigma images.

guess i'll just have to stick with little/no epg lol

pt-1
28-03-2007, 08:47 AM
@Krazylegz

Have a look here:

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f54/info-enable-more-than-24h-epg-13309.html

Nitr8 and I started but then other things got in the way ;-)