PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan Warning

y2krog2000
26-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone thinking of flying with flyglobespan I will tell you about my dealings with them and you can make your own mind up on weither you would like to fly with them or not.

I booked a flight from belfast to toronto return and they decided "without asking me" to change the date the flight leaves and returns so I had to change my connecting flights and didnt get so much as a sorry in return, then when I rang up last week asking why I cant pay for extra baggage online at the reduced price of 15 quid every 10kg "like they said I could on the confirmation e-mail" they decide to tell me that I am flying with zoom airlines and will be flying under their terms and conditions and not with flyglobespan "this is the 1st I have ever heard of zoom" so I rang up today to confirm that I am allowed the 25kg baggage allowance that the zoom customers will be getting and not the 20kg that flyglobespan allow and I was told no I will only be allowed 20kg baggage as in my terms and conditions, I told them that I was told that if I was flying with zoom airlines then I would be flying under their terms and conditions and he agreed that yes I would but I would only be allowed my 20kg baggage as it said in my confirmation e-mail.

So this is the way it works out.
I am only allowed the 20kg and have to pay 6GBP for every kg over that instead of being allowed to pay 15 GBP for 10kg

With flyglobespan I got a meal, now im with zoom I have to pay for one

Flyglobespan I get earphones for the inflight movie, I now have to pay with zoom

I spent about 3 hours trying to get to speak to someone today and at the end the manager even said to me the website only tells you that you are flying with zoom when you hover "not click" over a certain bit on the site when yopu are booking.

I know that the earphones and inflight movie are not big complaints but I dont think its right that they can change whatever they want to without asking or informing me, I asked to buy 2 premium and buisness seats and they have none left, if it was months away I would have canceled and flew with a different airline as flyglobespan and zoom seem to be the same company fleecing customers.

And by the way the only thing that is zoom is the plane all the staff and pilot are from flyglobespan, well so I was told on the phone.

Does anyone know a good place to complain to about these idiots because the e-mail addys they gave me dont work.

fergalsworld
26-03-2007, 05:07 PM
That a disgrace m8 get on to bbc watchdog about them
they love that kind of thing to get there claws into.

y2krog2000
26-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Have contacted watchdog before about something else and they usually only look into something if a lot of people have the same complaint, I have managed to get in touch with their complaints bit in Edinburgh and they told me that I can bring on the 25kg that zoom airlines allow but will still have to pay 6 quid per every kg over that, the ones in the call center said that I would only be allowed 20kg total per person so thats saved me 60 quid already but I think they should make things clearer on their site, will have to still pay for the inflight meal and earphones to.

Declan
29-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Well if you paid with your credit card you could chargeback "Services not rendered" and or "Product different from what was described or promised". But i seen their advert on the bus and well i know now not to travel with them.

y2krog2000
29-03-2007, 08:40 PM
@Declan

I could have got my money back when they 1st changed the flight but was able to change my connecting flight and save some money "with a different airline", they were telling me on the phone that their terms and conditions let them change just about anything they want and there is nothing that anyone can do.

Declan
29-03-2007, 08:46 PM
@Declan
I could have got my money back when they 1st changed the flight but was able to change my connecting flight and save some money "with a different airline", they were telling me on the phone that their terms and conditions let them change just about anything they want and there is nothing that anyone can do.
B4st4rds :P

Lainie
30-03-2007, 08:41 AM
i flew with globespan a few times and they are very guilty of changing the flight times. im going with them to benidorm in may and tenerife in sept so hopefully all well!!!!

:-O :-O

y2krog2000
30-03-2007, 09:14 AM
i flew with globespan a few times and they are very guilty of changing the flight times.
When they changed the flight the 1st time the day they changed it to wasnt even in the same week as the original one, got an email from them yeaterday and near sh*t a brick the email said there were changes to my flight again but I phoned them up and they only changed it by 15 minutes which isnt so bad.

Geo
22-04-2007, 02:56 AM
https://www.magentaserver.com/globespan/Policy_wording.pdf

Miss L
15-07-2007, 09:45 AM
well never guess wot its just happened to me. me and mates are due to fly to majorja in september for 3 nights we go on the 29th and were suppose to fly back on the 2nd october but feck me just checked last night and now we dont fly back till the 3rd i just want to know whos gonna pay for the extra night the cheeky feckers anyway gonna fone them today so will post back later :censored:

y2krog2000
15-07-2007, 10:58 AM
well never guess wot its just happened to me. me and mates are due to fly to majorja in september for 3 nights we go on the 29th and were suppose to fly back on the 2nd october but feck me just checked last night and now we dont fly back till the 3rd i just want to know whos gonna pay for the extra night the cheeky feckers anyway gonna fone them today so will post back later :censored:
Well your lucky you checked, ive read about people that didnt check and have ended up stranded in far away places, if I remember right it says in their terms and conditions that you agree to that they can change the dates if your flights, I would try and get them to pay for the extra nights accomidation but think that all you will get offered is a different flight or a refund.

Miss L
15-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Well your lucky you checked, ive read about people that didnt check and have ended up stranded in far away places, if I remember right it says in their terms and conditions that you agree to that they can change the dates if your flights, I would try and get them to pay for the extra nights accomidation but think that all you will get offered is a different flight or a refund.
been on the fone and the cheeky feckers was gonna charge me 47 quid for another night,i asked if there was anyway that they could pay or even half of it and they just said they couldnt it was all in their terms blah blah blah so anyway ive now changed my flights again this time from the 28th to the 1st so watch this space for more changes lol , never again will i fly with this company again they are a load ov bollocks :cussing::cussing::cussing:

Lainie
16-07-2007, 07:37 PM
och bev thats such a bummer - id be ragin. thankfully we had no probs in may with the girls and hopefully no bother in sept for tenerife

let me know how u get on babe