PDA

View Full Version : computer restart very slow

zakhan
21-03-2007, 01:15 PM
hi all i have win xp home installed. when ever i restart it takes so long to get started. can any body advise whats wrong.

y2krog2000
21-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Stop any programs that start up on their own that windows dosent really need like msn messenger, skype, deamon tools and any other programs. You can also disable some things from running msconfig and under the startup tab but you will be able to disable things starting up on their own but you will need to know what you are stopping. Some crappy anti virsus programs will slow your computer right down to.

zakhan
21-03-2007, 06:05 PM
hi thanks for your reply. how can i disable in msconfig. can you please gives a breif details as i am not that expert in computer. thanks

y2krog2000
21-03-2007, 06:13 PM
You dont disable msconfig you click start then click run and type msconfig in and it will bring up a box with a startup tab on it and it shows you what starts when your computer does. If you are going to stop anything make sure you know what it is and make sure you dont need it because you could stop some programs that you dont want to.

mickyrobbo
21-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Hello you can download a free Start up monitor from windows site,,and this will tell you in more detail what programes which are starting up ,,when was the last time you done disc defrag,and scan for virus,s and trojans,,there is a few programe,s that will take of any spyware as well..spybot search and destroy is a decent one