PDA

View Full Version : laptop slowing down?

sprally
19-03-2007, 11:47 PM
any downloads or info to speed it up?

BakkiPoucH
20-03-2007, 12:39 AM
windows washer can be download from here HTTP://TA33ER.ORG.UK = APPS (http://ta33er.org.uk/apps.html) deletes all the crap or save all your important files to disk etc. and reformat which is wot i do most of the time

y2krog2000
20-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Delete anything you dont need and install a 3rd part disk defragmenter and a good spyware/adware detector/remover, I use diskeeper and it lets you change the MFT to the correct size and for spyware adaware is a good free one that is easy to use.

chleo2000
24-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes i agree,

Get all the necessary tools.. i.e spyware remover, firewall and antivirus. ( personally i use bitdefender, which has all built in one.)

Also do a disk cleanup and defrag your hard drive regularly about once or twice a month.

amerj3103
29-03-2007, 11:39 PM
More specifically I'd recommend running cwshredder, ewido and xoftspy in safe mode on your laptop, these will remove alot of junk from yuor computer.

But before u do that I suggest you have a look down your add/remove programs list and remove anything u no longer use, check programs on startup and try to keep them to the minimum.

once all is done, download the latest version of avast and keep it as your security software. its brilliant, all the programs can be googled.

Collider
29-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Could also use R-WIPE,free 15 day trial
Disk Wipe Demo and Hard Drive Clean trial software download (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. R-Wipe & Clean is a complete solution to wipe useless files and keep your computer privacy. Irretrievably deletes private records of your on- and off-line activities, such as temporary internet files, history, cookies, autocomplete forms and passwords, swap files, recently opened documents list, Explorer MRUs, temporary files, etc., traces from more than 200 third-party applications, and free up your disk space. The utility wipes files and unused disk space using either fast or secure erase algorithms. All files and folders may be combined in wipe lists to erase them in a single procedure. Supports both the FAT and NTFS file systems. All separate wiping and cleaning tasks can be combined in one or more erasing procedures launched immediately or at predefined times or events as a background task