PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Netgear Next...

j16
19-03-2007, 02:36 PM
.....if so what do you think of them?

Thinking of getting one, looks to have good specs etc and I like the design.

Would anyone recommend it?

Dunc
22-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Bought one after reading good reviews. The hardware was solid and look the part and appeared to work.
The software sucked.
I am not to bad on the computer and spent about a week of any spare time I had trying to connect including numerous e-mails to netgear support.
Eventually took it back and got my ?99.00 back.
Looking to get bt router or home hub....not sure yet but I am told these are easy to set up from a web site rather than using software.

j16
22-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the info, I heard good things about it too thats why I was thinking about getting one, have to give it some thought.

mickyrobbo
23-03-2007, 11:57 PM
not worth the hassel can be hard to set up,,pcworld were selling these at xmas half price so the mate got one and it is still sitting there as an ornament on his pc dont bother ,,I got it up and running for him but after a reboot internet connection would not come on know matter what we did so took it off again

y2krog2000
24-03-2007, 09:47 AM
not worth the hassel can be hard to set up,,pcworld were selling these at xmas half price so the mate got one and it is still sitting there as an ornament on his pc dont bother ,,I got it up and running for him but after a reboot internet connection would not come on know matter what we did so took it off again
pcworld will take it back and either give him a full refund or let him pick another wireless setup, all the hardware that they sell in the shops is guarenteed for 1 year. I got an email from them confirming this and have brought a few things back that I have had for over 6 months.

j16
24-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I took something back to pc world once and they got well snooty about it...can't remember what it was maybe it was some software, anyway got my money back in the end.

foggyuk
25-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I have owned a netgear 834g since december and had no problems at all.

Hitman
30-03-2007, 10:45 PM
I have always used netgear routers and i think they are ok.
my latest one is a mimo.
I did have some problems with it loosing connection but after a firmware upgrade, everything seems ok

popol
08-04-2007, 05:46 PM
It depends how good you are at computer stuff.I have one and I had no problem setting it up.