PDA

View Full Version : Kubuntu / Ubuntu Mouse Pointer Problem

y2krog2000
17-03-2007, 08:22 AM
I have installed KDE on my Ubuntu and its all working great apart from the mouse pointer always has a bouncing ball beside it for ages when starting firefox a and a few other things, its the same type of thing as the timer on glass on windows does anyone know how to get rid of this because firefox works straight away but this thing bounces about for about 5 seconds every time.

I want to keep KDE on it because my wireless worked straight away on it without me needing to do anything.

The-Wappy-One
17-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Hmm strange??

personaly i dont use kde i have gnome with beryl

( YouTube - Compiz-Quinn(now Beryl-Project)for linux. The future is now! (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. is the only reason you have gone with KDE because of your wireless network?

I use Ubuntu Ultimate.. its preloaded with goodies but it has built in Windows Wirless Driver support and have had no problems at all connecting to my fon router from day one?

anyway pointer can you pull up system processors and see if Firefox is still using XXXcpu when the ball is bouncing. as firefox is still running but are plugins demanding a little extra resources.... aslo try in terminal

firefox -safe-mode

and see of the ball is still bouncing once loaded....

y2krog2000
17-03-2007, 03:29 PM
The wireless card I have a a belkin mimo that has the rt61 driver and have read that a lot of people had problems with it and linux, I got it working with ubuntu with ndiswrapper but it kept cutting out every now and again and when I installed the KDE my wireless worked a lot better straight away. I read somewhere on google after posting earlier that the bouncing ball is a feature of KDE and a lot of people find it annoying and they could not remove it. I tried that safe mode code there and it stayed the same, the internet pages load up straight away so im probably gonna have to get used to it.

y2krog2000
18-03-2007, 09:58 AM
I got rid of KDE and all the packages that it installed and everything is back to normal :woot: , I downloaded a copy of ubuntu ultimate and will be using it when I get rid of windows for good :trustme: