PDA

View Full Version : floor heating

troglodyte
15-03-2007, 01:33 PM
does anyone have pointers to find someone that can help me put in floor heating? i don't know much about it, but it was great when we had it at this fancy ski resort condo.

swanside
15-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I have just fitted underfloor heating in my extension. I have a solid floor on the ground floor and joist on the top floor. I went with Rehau system. The pipes clip into rails on the ground floor and the concrete screed goes over them, on the joist, you have a aluminium plate that lays between the joist and the pipes run in the grooves in the plates. I went over the top on controls, I have fitted four Trend BMS units, and a temperature sensor in every room that I have completed, as each room has its own circuit. I plan to do the rest of the house in the summer. We have tiled all the floors, even in the bedroom and en-suite and bathroom. Downstairs is getting tiled aswell, as the heat transfers better with tiles, even better with yorkshire stone 3 x 2's but the missus would not have these. Here are some links for the installation pdf's
Screed Floor (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. lfix_System_UK.pdf&lnkname=Installation%20Data%20-%20RAUFIX%20Railfix%20System)
Joist Flor (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Plate_System_UK.pdf&lnkname=Installation%20Data%20-%20Diffusion%20Plate%20System)
You can find more here Rehau (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. If you contact them for a price, you can email them a cad drawing of your house, they will design the installation, and give you a cost, you can order the stuff from BSS and they tell you all you need. We are really impressed with it.