UK Netid scan menu
Change Neu sender to new channels and alle kanal to all Unsorted
scan.conf defaults to "CableUK Sym6887" not "Kabel Deutschland"

Speedy2206
17-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Heres the latest Diffs for UK Developers
These Include

@renwich,
I hope you dont mind but I have cleaned up these diffs slightly. I have also removed the 'userlevel menus' as I found the code a little awkward to work with (and also it will prevent the Customization Menu diff from applying). Nothing wrong with the userlevel menus at all but the coding confused me to death! :S

The 'extras menu' has also been removed as I found the code to be extremely excessive. I do not know who the author is but in future if there is major menu restructuring code then could I ask that it be included into a seperate file (like I have done with the customization menu) instead of within neutrino.cpp.

The reason I ask is that hundreds of lines of code were added to neutrino.cpp for the DW Extras Menu, and this meant that further patches would FAIL because it could not find hardly any original coding in its usual location.

The result is that some hunks get applied successfully whilst others dont, and the result is a buggy and uncompilable Neutrino :)

Anywayyy...
These modified diffs give the following benefits:
- UK Zapit for fast scanning
- Infobar POPUP on Program change
- UK Profile
- UK Netid Scan Menu
- Change 'Neu sender' to 'New Channels'
- Change 'Alle Kanal' to 'All Unsorted'
- Scan.conf defaults to "CableUK Sym6887" not "Kabel Deutschland"

.. so the only things removed are the userlevel's and the extras menu. This patch is now compatible with my 'customize menu' which is a suitable replacement for the userlevels if you wanted to get the same/similar functionality.

I will also begin writing a tidied extras menu and release in the form of a diff, which will also be compatible with these modifications.

This isnt a dig at anybody at all, but I just wanted to point out that when huge changes are all made within neutrino.cpp then further subsequent patches will fail to work properly and can in some cases cause you to have to restart your CVS build from the very start :)

Fixed diffs attached @ 10:13PM

cydine
17-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Good post speedy, I totally agree.

We probably all realise by now that none of these mods are ever going to get in the cvs - that's just the way it is. And with more and more UK coders applying patches it's going to be very difficult to get them all to function together.

So to make it easier could we either make seperate diffs for each mod or, if there are large changes to a single file - eg new menus being added, create then instead in a entirely new file and link it appropriately?

Cheers

renwich
17-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Any means that take the hours of work re-working the diffs, to get them to successfully apply after a major change in the CVS is good in my eyes, But I do like the DW extras menu, and think that it should be reworked in at some point

nitr8
17-03-2007, 10:11 PM
@Speedy,

havent taken a look yet but that diff is screwed mate.

remotecontrol.cpp: In member function `int CRemoteControl::handleMsg(neutrino_msg_t, neutrino_msg_data_t)':
remotecontrol.cpp:189: error: 'struct SNeutrinoSettings' has no member named 'infobar_show'
remotecontrol.cpp:195: error: 'struct SNeutrinoSettings' has no member named 'infobar_show'

Speedy2206
17-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks for pointing that out nitr8, reuploaded the (hopefully) fixed version :)

The DWMenu was indeed a very good idea and I love the fact that it incorporated options for IDE and also the enabling/disabling of the nagra roms :)

nitr8
17-03-2007, 11:27 PM
testing now :)

--me

nitr8
18-03-2007, 12:17 AM
no luck,

settings.cpp: In member function `bool CScanSettings::loadSettings(const char*, delivery_system_t)':
settings.cpp:264: error: `netid' undeclared (first use this function)
settings.cpp:264: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
settings.cpp: In member function `bool CScanSettings::saveSettings(const char*)':
settings.cpp:317: error: `netid' undeclared (first use this function)

--me

bobsylas
18-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Aplied the new diffs & after an hour or two my ubuntu finished but with no new images ?

Speedy2206
18-03-2007, 01:31 AM
make flash-neutrino-jffs2-all ??
Should have produced neutrino-jffs2.img1x and neutrino-jffs2.img2x in cdkflash directory.

bobsylas
18-03-2007, 01:35 AM
I use make flash-neutrino-jffs2-2x

like I always do & I get an image in the cdkflash directory

cheers

scruff1963
18-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Don't suppose it matters now but the ide menu won't work

needs this in /etc/init.d/rcS

# If appropriate, load ide drivers and file system drivers
#
#check if ide on or off
#
if [ -e /var/etc/.hdd ]; then
if [ $KMINOR -ge 6 ]; then
# kernel 2.6
if [ -e /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra/ide/dboxide.ko ] ; then
$IM $MD/dboxide.o
fi
else
plus an fi to finish it off a little later

if it doesn't know to look for /var/etc.hdd then it won't know to not initialise it when .hdd is not there.

It will of course be different for a squashfs image.

Heres the latest Diffs for UK Developers
These Include
Userlevel Menus
Extra's Menus
UK Zapit for fast scanning
Infobar POPUP on Program change
UK Profile
UK Netid scan menu
Change Neu sender to new channels and alle kanal to all Unsorted
scan.conf defaults to "CableUK Sym6887" not "Kabel Deutschland"

tummyinuk
18-03-2007, 01:48 PM
How to actively involve in the development of this?

nitr8
18-03-2007, 01:52 PM
scruff1963,

the loading of IDE device needs to be done before the mount so it would not be able to read /etc yet.

i doubt this could be done the way descriped. why do you not want to load the IDE driver?

i dont understand.

--me

P.S. /sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.4.34-dbox2/misc/dboxide.o does not "initialise" the hdd it just loads the IDE driver into the kernel. I guss i am slightly confuse wht is trying to be done here.

nitr8
18-03-2007, 02:11 PM
I guess what I am trying to say, I would think the best way to implement this is maybe doing the following:

Make sure when you compile to ./configure --enable-ide --enable-xfs

Then in /etc/rcS/

$IM $MD/ide-core.o
$IM $MD/dboxide.o
$IM $MD/ide-detect.o
$IM $MD/ide-disk.o
$IM $MD/ext2.o
$IM $MD/jbd.o
$IM $MD/ext3.o
$IM $MD/xfs.o

In /etc/fstab dependent on the FileSystem of choice (I would always recommend xfs)

(FOR XFS)
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 /hdd xfs defaults 1 2
(FOR EXT2)
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 /hdd ext2 defaults 1 2
(FOR XT3)
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 /hdd ext3 defaults 1 2
(IF SWAP IS ENABLED)
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 swap swap noauto 0 0

This is what I use on dev image now and it work a charm, should be using this in commando 8 too.

scruff1963
18-03-2007, 06:28 PM
scruff1963,

the loading of IDE device needs to be done before the mount so it would not be able to read /etc yet.

i doubt this could be done the way descriped. why do you not want to load the IDE driver?

i dont understand.

--me

I think your talking about squashfs images I did say they were different.

P.S. /sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.4.34-dbox2/misc/dboxide.o does not "initialise" the hdd it just loads the IDE driver into the kernel. I guss i am slightly confuse wht is trying to be done here.

no dboxide.o etc loaded then the later section will not mount :)

your example here

$IM $MD/ide-core.o
$IM $MD/dboxide.o
$IM $MD/ide-detect.o
$IM $MD/ide-disk.o
$IM $MD/ext2.o
$IM $MD/jbd.o
$IM $MD/ext3.o
$IM $MD/xfs.o

will still load the drivers wasting memory for people without the ide interface, I don't like to assume that because i have an ide interface that everyone else has one.

I think you know I use the xfs file system ;)
I also mount mine from /var/etc/init.d/start_automount it's easier to play with on a squashfs image, but I like your implementation.

nitr8
18-03-2007, 06:56 PM
speedy and i are working on this.

check source-code-all-wonder-menu-extras