PDA

View Full Version : Square Drivers

whirlweb
12-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Anyone tried used or got one of these? I saw the Ping 5300 in American Golf Discount at ?249 - ebay already have replicas for ?69 called the SQ something or other. I may get one as they are made by Integra who actually rate highley in the Longest Drive Comps. Anyway how has anyone found these do they really go straighter and longer or is it just another gimmick to get us all to update our drivers?

notanotherone
16-03-2007, 09:20 AM
never seen or heard of these ?what they called again i cant find anything about them

Timoweb
16-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I think he is talking about these PING : G5 Hybrid (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. its like a wood but easier to hit straight like an iron (well thats what they say lol).

kryten77
19-03-2007, 01:18 AM
And as if square drivers wernt weird enough, we now have these to contend with
http://aspiring-golfer.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/hippohex-mod.jpg

A HEXAGONAL driver..read about it below

Now it’s the Hexagonal Driver! (http://aspiring-golfer.com/golf-equipment/now-its-the-hexagonal-driver/)

mickyrobbo
19-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I think all these shops our doing is messing with peoples heads,its all to do with your body swing and grip on the club ,my mate got himself lessons and paid a right bit for them to,he also has brand new set of calaways,but when he comes out for a game with me he cant hit jack and me without sounding like tiger woods are always straight down the middle,and he took me out with his society and I won the lot playing of 18,,although I dont go out anymore you know why,,if your golffing needs to improve ,,have a look at ,this link here it works 100 percent,
Dalton McCrary's Golf Training Products (http://www.mccrarygolf.com/)

fatlip180
21-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Well im going to stick with my sasquatch, best driver ive used IMO - longest and straightest for me.

gazman
25-05-2007, 06:46 PM
The square drivers are designed to stay level through impact. They are straighter but in tests are generally much shorter than the conventional shape. Thing is, if you want shorter and straighter then you could use a 3 wood. Taylor made superquad all the way

lambie413
18-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Anyone tried used or got one of these? I saw the Ping 5300 in American Golf Discount at ?249 - ebay already have replicas for ?69 called the SQ something or other. I may get one as they are made by Integra who actually rate highley in the Longest Drive Comps. Anyway how has anyone found these do they really go straighter and longer or is it just another gimmick to get us all to update our drivers?

Don't go anywhere near the SQ branded drivers!!!!! I bought one of these that was a "clone" of the sasquatch. It is easily the worst club i have ever played with. it was a very cheap construction and almost impossible to hit straight!!:gun:

bazzag
29-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi guys i own Sasquatch sumo 2 squared driver 9.5 degress, what a sound, it is a good driver pulling an extra 30 yards for me "when it goes straight of course lol" but i love it, the sumo irons are tremendous also i would recmomend trying them out.