PDA

View Full Version : wii game backup ?

ginger
11-03-2007, 02:49 PM
hi any help on how to back up my wii games i know the mod chips are out now all over the place but it is still a bit grey on how to back up the games LG want everyone to buy one of there drives because they read the wii disk the best hmm. anyone any help please
thanks

The-Wappy-One
16-03-2007, 12:14 PM
well the drives you need are LG-8164b, LG-8163b or LG-8162b DVD-ROM drive

the software for the dumper get here and a really easy guide

HOW to backup WII GAMES.(guide) (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/471073)

Blackbeard
13-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Whereas this does work it is picky. I joined Gametart and rented a few Wii games - the first 2 or 3 played on the Wii BUT Rawdump crashed out. On examination I found the disks a touch scratched - not enough to worry the Wii but too bad to copy (and I couldn't really send them back to GameTart complaining that Ramdump dosn't like them!)

djmacca
13-05-2007, 06:00 PM
you can back games up if you have a WIIKEY installed!
it backs the game up to the sd card in chunks! then u transfer it to ya pc!

or ya can just download the isos from the net!

pm me ill give un an invite to the best torrent site out there!

ginger
14-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the help i have found all the backup ISO files.And can now copy them at any speed on any drive so don't need to buy the LG drive :werd:
i have the cyclowiz chip but no SD card do you know if i can backup the same way as you do with the wiikey thanks :Hammer:

Blackbeard
14-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I can't see why not as the backup app is actually on the 1.2 config disk. Give it a whirl

RichEO
15-08-2007, 05:05 AM
It takes all day to backup a game onto an SD card, if you need to actually rip a Wii game then buy an LG burner and mod the firmware. As stated though, you don't actually need to rip your own games, let others do that for you.