PDA

View Full Version : Can the ps3 be hacked

[IG]Mart
07-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I have seen ps3 games that you can download so i was thinking that it can be done.

TheThingIs
08-03-2007, 11:45 AM
They've hacked the fw on the bluray drive as it's basically the same on all the other dvd fw hacks, nothing with a dvd/bluray drive is safe. Only prob is....getting hold of a blu-ray burner heh

DanMB
09-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah it will deffo will be done/or it has been done. However like thethisis said its the BluRay burner which is the problem gonna cost you a few notes.

Fraudster
20-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi All

The hackers aint stupid...

they have taken note of the fact that blue-ray media and burners cost a fortune

there's going to be a hack very soon from paradox...

its going to be a hdd loader, so the games will boot right from the hard drive, obviously u'll need to load the image's on and away you go.

nitr8
22-03-2007, 12:04 AM
why dont people google?

PS3 SAK (Swiss Army Knife) v1.00

Well, this has been sitting idle for a while, still a few bugs, missing a few non-listed features, but works well.

It is an installable otheros.bld file, which runs a custom application on the PS3.

Features:

? Web Interface (via HTTP) that lets you do all of the below featured!
? Check Blu-Ray Disk size
? Format internal PS3 HDD
? Back-up iSO to internal PS3 HDD
? Back-up iSO to external EXT3 HDD
? Back-up iSO via wired network, to Windows Network Share
? Explore HDD (Linux side), and download files to a PC.
? Explore Blu-Ray Disks, and download files to a PC (with UDF 2.5 Support!)

Note: With SAK v1.00 you can now dump your PS3/Blu-Ray disc images without installing PS3 Linux,
however, you must still format the PS3 HDD prior (as if you were going to install PS3 Linux) in
order to install/use the OtherOS-- this is a $ony requirement unfortunately.

Not so "feature" features:

? Reboot console
? Reboot console to PS3OS
? Poweroff console

Installation:

Copy to /PS3/OTHEROS/ on a memory stick, CD-R etc, with the $ony otheros.self, and run "Install Other OS" from Settings > System Settings of the XMB. Then set default boot to OtherOS, reboot, and it will run!

PS3 Other OS Installer: PS3NEWS.COM - PS3 NEWS, PLAYSTATION, PS2, PS3, PSP, XBOX 360, WII, NDS, GBA, GAMECUBE (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Menu Options:

1) Use EXT3 Formatted External HDD
2) Use FAT32 Formatted External HDD
3) Use Windows Network Share

4) Backup to PS3 HDD
5) Get Blu-Ray Disc Size

6) HTTP Server Information

F) Format PS3 HDD - EXT3 (OtherOS Partition)

E) Exit, Return to PS3OS
P) Exit, Poweroff Console
R) Exit, Reboot Console

Note: You must have the Caps Lock ON when selecting a letter, or hold Shift down. Also, if you let it sit on the menu
screen idle it will give you a black screen (the screensaver built-in) after a few minutes so be aware of this.

Bugs:

FAT32 backup via Web is non-working atm (will in next rls, ran out of time to implement!)

To be Fixed:

NTFS write support, its enabled, but is totally broken, crashes the PS3 (so it's hidden)
"Whoops!" checks (to make sure the user isnt trying to back-up a Blu-Ray to the PS3 flash etc!)

Note:

When installing this, it removes any previous otheros.bld, possibly making linux refuse to boot, just reinstall
your otheros.bld from linux distro, and your back in action!

There will be more to come (updates, new additions, patches etc), but I need user feedback, can't get every bug myself!

Enjoy!

CJPC/PS3News.com

--me

smooth_cruz_khan
22-03-2007, 01:35 AM
whats the point off hacking it?

mburns
22-03-2007, 09:19 AM
simple answer..........you dont have to pay ?50 a game, when you can download it :)
Or if your luck like myself get all the dvds,cds,xbox/360,DS,PS2, PC Games & Apps uploaded on to my 400 gb hard drive every week

Mick

AFZAL2005
30-03-2007, 01:58 PM
a word of advice do not upgrade your firmware on the PS3 ive heard its a similar situation to the PSP in that newer FW will not be able ro use the paradox ISO loader!

[IG]Mart
09-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Ferrox v1.0 PS3 ISO Loader
We have decided testing is over with. There are some unfixable glitches in the loader but nothing we can do. Loader will be released May 11, 2007 at 12:00PM PST. That means u guys probably won't get it till the 12th."

Dont know if its fake or not though.

YouTube - FERROX v1.0 PS3 iSO Loader - Paradox NOT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGEcoiaO6AY)

AFZAL2005
09-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Mart;88606']Ferrox v1.0 PS3 ISO Loader
We have decided testing is over with. There are some unfixable glitches in the loader but nothing we can do. Loader will be released May 11, 2007 at 12:00PM PST. That means u guys probably won't get it till the 12th."
Dont know if its fake or not though.
YouTube - FERROX v1.0 PS3 iSO Loader - Paradox NOT! (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. hope its true it will give me a reason to buy the PS3, currently own a 360, games are great and so is xbox live, its great being able to dowlad HD movies!But console is very cheaply made! PS3 much more solid.

shandybean
09-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Can't see this video as Youtube is blocked at work... Is this the Naoneo video?

[IG]Mart
09-05-2007, 05:45 PM
No m8 its the Ferrox v1.0 PS3 ISO Loader video.

Shipoftheline
09-06-2007, 01:36 PM
They've hacked the fw on the bluray drive as it's basically the same on all the other dvd fw hacks, nothing with a dvd/bluray drive is safe. Only prob is....getting hold of a blu-ray burner heh

Can't it play standard DVD's then ?

zerofool2005
10-06-2007, 09:32 PM
The only thing that was released was teh SAK. which doesnt allow ISO's to be booted. there is a exploit during the boot into linux but theres no ISO oader yet

DessertDog
15-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I think this will clear things up a bit:

Sony threatens PlayStation 3 hackers

13 June 2007 11:39 by DVDBack23
Sony threatens PlayStation 3 hackersAfter reports surfaced that hackers had cracked the PlayStation 3's anti-piracy software, Sony America has declared that it will "aggressively pursue" anyone who is caught doing so. They have said the activity will merit legal action if caught.

"Unfortunately, hackers will try to exploit any hardware system software," SCEA spokesperson Dave Karraker said.

"The best we can do as a company is to make our security that much stronger and aggressively pursue legal action against anyone caught trying to use an exploit in an illegal manner."

According to CVG.com, hackers have cracked the PS3 firmwares 1.10 and 1.11, which allow the consoles with those firmwares to boot pirated games.

Although the games boot, so far hackers have not gotten any pirated games to actually play.

So far, despite diligent efforts, all consoles have been hacked but there are some repercussions besides legal action. Hackers run the risk of bricking their expensive consoles, as well as getting banned from the PlayStation Network.

"Naturally, any use of an exploit on the system software does void the warranty on the PS3 system... Which could be a costly mistake to see if you can run an old SEGA CD game on it," said Karraker.

Source:
GI.biz

zerofool2005
15-06-2007, 05:43 PM
haha of course they would. But i think that there paying off the hackers to hold off the exploits for a lil while

Collider
06-07-2007, 04:55 PM
You could always play about with linux on it

Linux for PlayStation 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_Linux)

j1mgg
29-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Has anyone tried this hack as i havent been able to find it and paradox are supposedly having a few problems at the momemt with theirs.

Do you think it would be better to stop using the update feature on the ps3?