PDA

View Full Version : 500 c not working after power cut mid flash

john1980
06-03-2007, 11:24 AM
something happend when i had a power cut mid flash and now when i turn the box on all i get is a black screen and nothing tryed to connet to pc again but cant the ip on box must have changed and i cant put a new image back i tryed dreamup no luck any ideas

thanks

krazylegz
06-03-2007, 11:43 AM
u will have to use universal dreamup and a serial null modem cable m8.

make sure it's a null modem and not a straight through serial cable

john1980
06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
u used the same cable to do my dbox so it the right one when i use dreamup dm500 it says connection prepered turn on box the box is on still nothing

krazylegz
06-03-2007, 11:59 AM
well it must be a wrong lead m8 or using the wrong com port. using a serial cable on a dbox aswell as a ethernet lead will still work as it's only used to show the writing in the com window,but to flash just with using a lead it has to be a null modem.

so try all com ports if still nothing go to a shop and buy a serial null modem so u definately know it's a real cable

john1980
06-03-2007, 12:25 PM
went out and got a null modem cable still no luck

fixed thanks mate :)

satman
06-03-2007, 08:28 PM
went out and got a null modem cable still no luck
fixed thanks mate :)

how did u fix it?

u called jimmy?

coolmind
15-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Very helpfull thread I fixed the problem after reading this thread.

Many thanks to all the people.

etsme
19-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I have got the same problem here, the DM500-s powers up no bother then nothing but a black screen It would be a great help if you post that link to the link so I could reads it too.

Timoweb
20-08-2007, 07:17 PM
I have got the same problem here, the DM500-s powers up no bother then nothing but a black screen It would be a great help if you post that link to the link so I could reads it too.
You will have to use universal dreamup and a serial null modem cable and flash a new image. The image you have has been damaged.

make sure it's a null modem and not a straight through serial cable

sammy
05-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi
My box DM 500c
Using usb to RS 232.
& ethernet lead.
Vista on a laptop.
Flashed one image and backup with out any problems so the set up is ok.

I have done a search on this subject and found this tread,
I have the same problem during the process of reflashing i had a power cut all i get now is the green power on light and blue screen on tv.
I have read and found universal dreamup the problem is its looking for com ports i'm using usb is there anyway around this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rgds

Devilfish
07-11-2007, 02:05 AM
You might need to configure the usb>serial adapter so that it's com1.

Dreamup is probably looking for com1 and the adapter is setup on com4 or something like that.

Never used one so can't really help you further. :(

sammy
07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi

sorted out the usb to virtual com port,but the DM wont connect just stays in standby green light and has no responce to the remote at all.
is there anyway to reflash this unit.

Rgds