PDA

View Full Version : eurvox or star view

tabi
03-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Which is better eurvox or starview and do any of these boxes have the ability to recieve on demand

Speedy2206
04-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Neither. Go for a DBOX2 on eBay. Yes they are second hand but you just can't go wrong with them. They are the most powerful and reliable boxes with the BEST support you will ever find. No box will receive any 'on demand' services at this time.

bigyin67
05-03-2007, 12:00 AM
ive have both i would go for a dbox2 easy to work

nobron
06-03-2007, 12:17 AM
ive got a starview but not really impressed.

tabi
06-03-2007, 09:23 PM
thanks for help i love star view xxxx?

deezil
11-03-2007, 09:32 PM
go for max or starview very much the same better than buying a 6/7 year old dbox. With 1 year warranty on euro and starview also you can watch on demand if someone in yor area has ordered it

Speedy2206
12-03-2007, 01:50 AM
go for max or starview very much the same better than buying a 6/7 year old dbox. With 1 year warranty on euro and starview also you can watch on demand if someone in yor area has ordered it

DBOX tends to be preferred as they run on an 'open source' platform and the software is updated with brand new features almost weekly. The Starview, ReplayBox, EuroVox etc are all 'closed soucre' platforms, and the manufacturers rarely release new software. When the boxes go down, it can be days or weeks before a new software version is available.

I remember the times where all boxes and cards where going down - the eurovox, replaybox, FTA101, starview etc all needed a software update, and the manufacturers were slow to reply. The official boxes needed new card hex's, some of which were available within 48 hours, others were not available until weeks later. All through this, the DBOX2 continued strong. It will be the receiver that lasts the longest out of all those on the market.

It is true, the DBOX2 is now 7 years old, but they are still steady as a rock and relatively cheap too if you consider that they are not just a cable box - they are actually Linux Computers that allow you to connect to your PC and perform so much more than just watching TV.

If the age of the DBOX2 puts you off then you should also consider the Dreambox 500c. The dreambox is new, and also carries a 1 year warranty. It is smaller than the size of a VHS tape. It runs similar software to the DBOX2 and is also 'open source'. The dreambox has never gone off in the history of cable. At ?120 its a bargain.

icaicm
13-03-2007, 10:32 AM
DBOX tends to be preferred as they run on an 'open source' platform and the software is updated with brand new features almost weekly. The Starview, ReplayBox, EuroVox etc are all 'closed soucre' platforms, and the manufacturers rarely release new software. When the boxes go down, it can be days or weeks before a new software version is available.
I remember the times where all boxes and cards where going down - the eurovox, replaybox, FTA101, starview etc all needed a software update, and the manufacturers were slow to reply. The official boxes needed new card hex's, some of which were available within 48 hours, others were not available until weeks later. All through this, the DBOX2 continued strong. It will be the receiver that lasts the longest out of all those on the market.
It is true, the DBOX2 is now 7 years old, but they are still steady as a rock and relatively cheap too if you consider that they are not just a cable box - they are actually Linux Computers that allow you to connect to your PC and perform so much more than just watching TV.
If the age of the DBOX2 puts you off then you should also consider the Dreambox 500c. The dreambox is new, and also carries a 1 year warranty. It is smaller than the size of a VHS tape. It runs similar software to the DBOX2 and is also 'open source'. The dreambox has never gone off in the history of cable. At ?120 its a bargain.

dreambox 500c is da best would recommend it to anyone. been using it for over one year and never let me down.

tabi
13-03-2007, 09:32 PM
star view esay to use dreambox 500c is to hard to up date ??

stephens
17-04-2007, 09:13 PM
What is the best to go for? Dreambox, Dbox2 or a Starview box?

dutch_andy
21-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I have the Starview and from all the research I have done if you want to just watch tv and dont want to be messing around all the time it is just the ticket.

1. Scan for Channels
2. Turn on EMU so decodes channels
3. Sit back and Enjoy.

You might also like to look at Starview PVR will allow you to record one channel and watch a second has duel tuners.

topaz
01-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I prefer eurovox over dreambox or starview.dreambox has low audio no front panel display and in my opion over priced for a scaled down lite product,starview has buggy software and compared to dreambox or eurovox picture quality do not compare.

malcoa
07-07-2007, 02:46 PM
star view esay to use dreambox 500c is to hard to up date ??
dreambox is the one-nothing is that hard with all the good advice around here

mickyrobbo
07-07-2007, 11:59 PM
What is the best to go for? Dreambox, Dbox2 or a Starview box?
Dbox2 is the dogs balls,,of all the boxes and it is only a matter of turning it of if somthing goes wrong,,and he presto its back to the way it was,,and as the post above says its just not for tv its for the whole pc platform,,emails pictures,video,the lot ,,but then ask me y I have bought a few starview 2,s last night on flea bay,,drunk,,hope they are half as good,:roflmao:

kev120885
02-08-2007, 06:34 PM
dbox2 all the way, welsh-neil is great seller on ebay

carbandit
11-08-2007, 07:34 PM
yes got to agree dbox pretty hard to beat

jango36
28-08-2007, 01:54 PM
starview is better

vik
31-08-2007, 07:40 PM
d box is best its just more complicated