PDA

View Full Version : Any Celtic fans on here

BOSHIE
03-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Hail Hail to all fellow hoops bhoys.....I usually visit Cybertims.com and its a really good site for Celtic fans. You dont get any religious or sectarian garbage on there and its a really friendly place. Why dont you pay a visit......

Anyone going to the game today against Dunfermline.....if you are, see you there along with the other 58,999!!!!!

mickybhoy1888
03-03-2007, 02:30 PM
HAIL HAIL mate, etims is another good site, try it out.

countryboy
03-03-2007, 02:33 PM
im celtic daft but dont get to as many games as i wish i could as i live in ireland .. though i was brought up in glasgow

HAIL HAIL

Lainie
03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
i may be a rangers (well more of an ally fan) but i would never give anyone sectarian abuse - my hubs is a celtic fan got best mates that are and we get on great. life is far far too short for all that nonsense etc.

love one and other

:bighug:

mickybhoy1888
03-03-2007, 03:17 PM
secrarianism stems from the family upbringing and in my view belongs in the dark ages but i think its evil roots are far to implanted in the minds of many ppl and i dont think we will ever see an end to it but hopefully i am wrong

countryboy
03-03-2007, 03:24 PM
dont mixup secrarianism with dislike m8 i dont anyone but i can hate what they represent .. like a friend said to me dont hate the man hate the uniform ...

andyboyrfc
08-03-2007, 05:57 PM
they should put all the kids to the same schools and mabey it could help for the future who nose time will tell

y2krog2000
08-03-2007, 06:08 PM
they should put all the kids to the same schools and mabey it could help for the future who nose time will tell
I agree 100% but the only reason why Prods go to one school and Catholics go to another in Northern Ireland is because there are schools that are just for Catholics but I dont know if thats the same in Scotland.

wullboy
09-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Yes this is a big problem in scotland, They devide them at school and it follow them through there upbringing, The prob is some just dont grow out of it ??

countryboy
09-03-2007, 01:15 PM
we need our catholic schools ... though what this has to do with football i dont know ....

y2krog2000
09-03-2007, 07:42 PM
we need our catholic schools ... though what this has to do with football i dont know ....
Why do we need catholic schools? Do we need a different school for every religion? All religious schools do is brainwash kids and its stops them from learning about other peoples cultures. I dont know what it has to do with football but someone brought up this point so I was saying my bit but it could be argued that a lot of violence at football matches is about religion.

mburns
09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Im a catholic myself, i went 2 catholic primary and high school.

I dont think you would get all kids in the same school, basically because of the parents and the parents parents!

I think teaching the kids religon is a good thing, but i dont belive it closes there eye's to all other religons in the world.

When religon, sectarianism and all the other stuff comes into football i think it is time to throw in the towel.

The same with playing celtic songs when in a rangers fans company and vice-versa, i think this is out of order, considering some of the wording use in these songs

Just my wee bit

Mick

y2krog2000
09-03-2007, 08:20 PM
@ M Burns

They started mixed schools here in Belfast a few years ago and I can tell you that it works integrated schools have stopped a lot of kids growing up as bigots in some of the roughest areas of Belfast and they still do R.E. classes after all we all have the same god and the same story is told in both catholic and protestant bibles.

Anyways this probably has nothing to do with football so I will say no more NICIE - Northern Ireland Council for Integrated Education - Funded by - www.ief.org.uk (http://www.nicie.org/).

andyboyrfc
10-03-2007, 12:34 AM
@ M Burns
They started mixed schools here in Belfast a few years ago and I can tell you that it works integrated schools have stopped a lot of kids growing up as bigots in some of the roughest areas of Belfast and they still do R.E. classes after all we all have the same god and the same story is told in both catholic and protestant bibles.
Anyways this probably has nothing to do with football so I will say no more NICIE - Northern Ireland Council for Integrated Education - Funded by - To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. its good to see that m8 a hope it works

chewinmafat
17-03-2007, 12:18 PM
they have plenty catholic schools in England and i don't hear anything about there being problems down ... also catholic schools are not just for catholics, kids from other faiths are allowed entry

y2krog2000
17-03-2007, 03:47 PM
they have plenty catholic schools in England and i don't hear anything about there being problems down ... also catholic schools are not just for catholics, kids from other faiths are allowed entry

Thats England things are a whole lot different in Scotland and Northern Ireland I know from living in Northern Ireland you can tell what religion you are by the school uniform you wear, and that makes them an easy target.

chewinmafat
17-03-2007, 04:09 PM
suppose so ....

jreynolds
18-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, you don't need to be Catholic but (in Scotland at least) you need to go to R.E classes regardless of your faith which means pupils are basically having this religion forced onto them.
If religion is to be taught at school at all then it should cover a range of them. As other people have said this can surely only mean less bigotry and ignorance towards other faiths.

notanotherone
18-03-2007, 04:09 PM
thot this was supposed to be a disscussion about celtic fans and not religion? anyway falkirk won 1-0

chewinmafat
19-03-2007, 08:20 PM
must disagree jreynolds, nowadays if you're not catholic and you go to a catholic school you can opt out of the r.e. lesson.

wullboy
30-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Yes mate so long as there birth certificate shows they have been baptised, ??

Wee Gordon
03-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Well This Is Getting Ooot Eh Hon
Im A True Rangers Fan
And Ive Suppoerted Them Aw Ma Life
So Ehhhh

FOLLOW FOLLOW