PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts.. again!

Scotster
22-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok guys heres a good one that may or may not be image related. I have a widescreen TV with which i can turn on or off the autoswitch feature. The feature i am talking about is where the dreambox turns on and it automatically selects the correct scart. Since owning the dreambox i have had to turn this off as every time a 4:3 signal comes into the box my TV changes to a different scart (one without anything in it). I've tried it in every scart but it makes no difference.

Now, before you all say its my TV at fault i can assure you its not. It works flawlessly with my Dbox and my DVD player. I've managed to narrow it down to 4:3 as when i go into the AV settings i can select 16:9 4:3 letterbox and 4:3 panscan. If i change from 16:9 to 4:3 the tv switches. If i press the right arrow button to change back to 16:9 it comes back on.

Now, as i said, i don't know if this is image related or box related. Are any of u guys having the same problem? Its not much of an issue it would just be nice to have the feature working. I'm using DW1.6.1.

Cheers

Scott =op

Devilfish
23-02-2007, 09:09 PM
I know that the dreamboxes have never 'auto switched', i.e. when you turn your DVD player on, it goes to the appropriate scart automatically, when you turn your dreambox on it doesn't do this.

I know it doesn't help you with this but just adding a little more information.

Scotster
24-02-2007, 04:38 AM
All of the ones i have do. It works perfectly until a channel goes 4:3.

A guy on a different forum mentioned that he is using neutrino and his works perfectly too.

Are you sure its not just your box or the scart port your using that doesn't support autoswitching? I have had tv's in the past where one scart port will allow autoswitching but the other one wont.

IMO its definitely meant to do it, its just not meant to change when it goes to 4:3. Especially to the wrong one lol.

Scott =op