PDA

View Full Version : what games will play if i have homebrew running on my 1.5 psp

jeeps1
21-02-2007, 06:26 PM
:confused: Hi folks real new to this , but I have a 1.5 psp and i had homebrew on it however after downloading some games I worked out (rightly or wrongly) that I needed devhook so tried to do the devhook thing but got confused . do i need devhook or do all games run with homebrew ?
I apologise in advance for being so dumb:confused:

sifurlong
21-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I would suggest that you look out for Dark Alex's custom firmware.
Psp-hacks dot net have several tutorials on how to load this and how to play iso s of games.

In short though you will need dev hook as you stand, but upgrade using the above mentioned stuff and the psp gaming world will be your oyster.

jeeps1
22-02-2007, 03:13 PM
So is there any one of D.A's custom firmware i should DL .
Or would any do the trick . also if i somehow 'brick' the psp can i recover it or is it straight to the scrapheap ?

sifurlong
22-02-2007, 03:48 PM
you should download the latest version which is 3.10OE-A (i think). You should be careful when performing the flashing, but once done there is a handy recovery menu that will let you revert back to 1.50 if needs be

jeeps1
22-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for your help sifurlong , I will give it a go ,can U just confirm I dont need to upgrade to anything else first just straight from 1.5 to 3.10 :imnew:

sifurlong
22-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't, whatever you do, upgrade using S*ny's official update, ie when prompted by a game, as getting homebrew etc to run from then on in is a pain in the ass. When you download all of the files required to upgrade, you will also find a walkthrough on how to perform the upgrade as well. As far as I know you should be able to upgrade directly from 1.50 to 3.10 OE-A

jeeps1
22-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi again , the file i got was an auto installer for said file , is this cool ? also I take it once I have done this finding the best place to get the iso files will be a walk in the park , after a bit of trawling ?

sifurlong
23-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I have never used the auto installer myself, as I have updated each time a new firmware came out and not directly from 1.50 to 3.10. The best place to ask for sure would be on the psp-hacks forum, as they tend to have a better insight into this than myself, and thats were the developers of the firmware will post.

As for getting the games, you may find them in the usual places for illegal downloads (you know which ones). Myself, I only ever use my backups of games I own ;) .

jeeps1
23-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks man you've been a great help

peelaa
24-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I have always used devhook, it plays every game I have tryed and if your psp is already v1.5 there is no chance of bricking it. Heres a guide...
Devhook .51 Setup Guide, FAQ, and Help Thread EASY INSTALLER (12/5/06) - QJ.NET Forums (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-homebrew-and-hacks-help-21/t-devhook-50-setup-guide-faq-and-help-thread-v20-81061.html)
To play your backups simply create a folder called iso in the root (the beginning) of your memory stick and place your game isos in it. Boot devhook to make your psp v3.02 and play backups.
PM me if you need any files.

shamim
25-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Safest thing i would advise is NO UPGRADE NO FLASHING for the moment... your PSP is a 1.5... get hold of a couple of Sanddisk 2gb Pro Duos, download Devhook .52 fw 3.11 and you will be able to run most new games... once you have accomplished this then perhaps progress to the 3.03 etc etc.. always stay calm when you are doing this stuff, read everything carefully...