PDA

View Full Version : First Go at a ATMEGA163

ssmacc
20-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Hello,

I have just ordered a ?ATMEGA163 WAFER CARD?.

Could someone please confirm the v3 fix works for ExC&W (Macclesfield ? South Manchester) and if so which date?

Does ?IRD in backwards? mean start with 12?

Should I use Toxic and the programme that comes with the Infinity USB Programmer or some alternative?

Thanks for any help, this will be my first attempt at a ATMEGA163 so trying to get it right first go (although I assume the card can be wiped and re-programmed?

Cheers

MaD FOr iT
20-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Hello,

I have just ordered a ‘ATMEGA163 WAFER CARD’.

Could someone please confirm the v3 fix works for ExC&W (Macclesfield – South Manchester) and if so which date?

Does ‘IRD in backwards’ mean start with 12?

Should I use Toxic and the programme that comes with the Infinity USB Programmer or some alternative?

Thanks for any help, this will be my first attempt at a ATMEGA163 so trying to get it right first go (although I assume the card can be wiped and re-programmed?

Cheers

just get the latest v3 makin sure u use the cw
pace starts with 12 sammys start with a 3e
i use toxic with nps

ssmacc
20-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry if this is a daft question but what is nps? As in ‘i use toxic with nps’

Cheers

PS card should arrive tomorrow so I’ll give it a go then. Mine is one of the original; Pace box’s so I’ll put the 12 in first although I think it ends with 96 not 3e?

One last thing (for now!), Will this method produce a AU card?

bandicote
20-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Hello

He means that the 3e is a sammy box and the pace is begins with 12 mate.

MaD FOr iT
21-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Sorry if this is a daft question but what is nps? As in ?i use toxic with nps??

sry nps= no problems

ssmacc
21-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Sorry to keep asking questions but the card should be at my house when I get home so I want to be able to programme it as soon as I walk through the door! As a Man U fan I?d quite like to watch the Barca V Liverpool game and believe it or not I?d quite like Liverpool to win?I?m strange like that!

I?ve read quite a few posts and I?m getting mixed messages. This seems like a daft question but can I load the files into the Infinity USB software and burn the v3 flash and the Toxic (amended with my bk) at the same time? Some of the guides seem to indicate burning the v3 then the Toxic, this is confusing me no end! Also will this produce a AU card?

Cheers

fergalsworld
21-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Click options on your infinity software and untick auto detect then
Use toxic or RHv11 to make your exteeprom then write it to the exteeprom
Then write V3 flash to the flash using your infinity software.
Check fta(bbc1) then go to slysports and give it 10 mins to clear.

ssmacc
21-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Click options on your infinity software and untick auto detect then
Use toxic or RHv11 to make your exteeprom then write it to the exteeprom
Then write V3 flash to the flash using your infinity software.
Check fta(bbc1) then go to slysports and give it 10 mins to clear.

thanks the card has arrived (just collected it) will give this a go when i get home (i assume i write both with the infinity software?).

Cheers!

vincewrd
21-02-2007, 02:28 PM
i think you need a difrent flash for atmega163 mate

fergalsworld
21-02-2007, 03:26 PM
i think you need a difrent flash for atmega163 mate
Yes your are right my bad got mixed up with AUfun:fryingpan:
You need the 16/08/06 atmega flash which is in the downloads here
get the second rar/zip 1.64mb file
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9978

ssmacc
21-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Well just get all channels, fingers crossed it?ll stay that way for more than a day! Thanks for all your help!

For the record used Toxic and the 16/08/06 atmega flash with the Infinity USB Unlimited

ssmacc
22-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Posted too soon! Just got home from work and now only have free view? Where oh where am I going wrong???

The only thing I think I might have wrong is the burning of the files, do I load both files at the same time and burn together or should I burn one first close the infinity software re-open and then burn the other file? I think I might be clutching at straws but its now really bringing me down now!

Thanks for any further advice...

fergalsworld
22-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Write the exeeprom first then write the flash last no need to close the software down.

ssmacc
23-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Write the exeeprom first then write the flash last no need to close the software down.

Thanks! Now got all channels working from 20:00 until 08:00, the test is when I finish work tonight?thanks for the ongoing help, great forum everyone!

Cheers

ronnie11
23-02-2007, 12:07 PM
PM sent m8

ssmacc
25-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I?ve had the card working for 4 days now! I think the problem was the order I programmed the card, thanks for the help and advice offered! I have amended the guide below to show what I did (only 4a!)this worked for me.

1. Toxic7
2. SwapBinHex
3. Toxic7b flash for your area
4. Infinity USB Unlimited

1. run toxic7 to create xteep....enter ird and bk as normal click on service provider (ntl, c&w or TW) and save bin file.

2. move saved bin file over the 'SwapBinHex' icon in folder to convert bin file to hex file.

3. Run programmer, make sure you erase card prior to programming

4. write saved hex file (stage 2) in exteep
4a remove this file from the programmer
5. write 'toxic7b' hex file in flash.(this must be correct one for your area)

note: step 4 and 5 must be done in this order.

once complete switch stb off at mains insert card and then boot stb your card should au within 10 mins