View Full Version : no sound on pc

anothernoobie
14-06-2006, 08:43 PM
installed windows xp on kids pc and i cant get the sound to work
please help am new to this in works i can understand lol
thankyou

twobeercans
14-06-2006, 08:54 PM
you will need to install a driver for the sound card or onboard sound (mother boards usually come with a setup disk with drivers on.
you should be able to identify the sound device in device manager via control panel/system.
when you have it you can get the driver from DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) - DriverGuide.com (http://www.driverguide.com)

Tallywadger
15-06-2006, 10:29 AM
If you have done that and still have problems m8! check a) that the lead to the speakers is plugged into the right jack....easy mistake to make is plugging it into the red record jack rather than the green or blue sound out jack...

Also bottom right in the taskbar double click on the sound icon (a wee grey speaker) which will open up the equaliser setiings and make sure the main sound has not been muted...ie it has a tick in the mute box on the bottom left corner of the slider.

Sometimes its the easiest things we overlook! ;-) we've all done it heh he

let us know how you get on and if you still have a problem we'll look a bit deeper for you

regards

akrama
16-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I have the same issue.

Tallywadger
18-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Akrama have you tried the sugested options above yet m8? and is it still the same?

jackdee69
19-06-2006, 11:05 AM
check in your device manager for yellow exclamation marks its obviously a problem with drivers for sound card is it on the motherboard ie built in or is your soundcard a pci you should have a disk for the drivers

super412
19-06-2006, 09:47 PM
make sure your wave volume is unmuted too, kept me for sound without days before i realised

dbox_king
26-06-2006, 09:45 PM
My friend has the same problem i instaled xp on his pc but the drivers have arnt there but i dont know what kind of soundcard he has to get the driver its built into the motherboard not throw pci slot

andyt84
27-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Check what motherboard is in it, go to the makers website (eg. ASrock) and you should be able to find the drivers there...in the suppost page or similar.

prodigy
27-06-2006, 09:59 PM
I have had this issue before when I installed an AMR modem on windows XP which it doesnt like. The soundcard then took the drivers for the modem. This was along time ago mind you, before broadband. If this is the issue, remove the modem and install the sound card first. Then go broadband and dont use a dial up modem!!