PDA

View Full Version : excuse to cancel sky

hardtarget
18-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Can anyone tell me what i can say to cancel my contract before the 12 months?
like if im leaving the country or anything
do they even realise you are under your 12 months or is it a hit and miss?

my 12 months end on 4th august

Declan
18-02-2007, 06:34 PM
just say to them that you are moving house

Mick
19-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Tell them you have lost your job.

That you intend to renew once you get back into work again.

The least they will do is put you on minimum package.

hardtarget
19-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Tell them you have lost your job.

That you intend to renew once you get back into work again.

The least they will do is put you on minimum package.
i can go onto minimum packagae now if i want anyway,
but i wanna cancel the complete thing
i cant wait till august to cancel the whole thing.
i might give the lost the job a try but i have neen unemployed for something like 2 months now so they might find out

y2krog2000
19-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Get a family member to tell them your dead, this also works if you are paying of a new car :) but you will have to have the car returned to the dealership :thumbdown:

Gazer
19-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Get a family member to tell them your dead, this also works if you are paying of a new car :) but you will have to have the car returned to the dealership :thumbdown:

Plus dont forget to send a couple of your deaf certificate to them :roflmao: anyway just going to watch sky :tv:

hardtarget
20-02-2007, 11:54 AM
tried the unemployed line
they said i can cancel but will face a charge of ?120 quid.
so gonna make it minimum package then call them on 4th of july
if i give them 1 months notice on 4th july then will the payment they take on the 5th be the last payment they take off me?

they normally take my money on the 5th of every month

kamrez224
20-02-2007, 08:07 PM
just tell them u are moving abroad,i am sure they will cancll it

BakkiPoucH
27-03-2007, 11:52 PM
I told them i was getting evicted in 48 hrs for absive behavour towards my neighbours started telling them how i been wrongy accussed and wot not for about 10 15 mins alot of cock and bull really but it worked HINT put a few swearwords init aswell :D

regards bakkipouch

kryten77
28-03-2007, 09:05 AM
You could always tell them that since they took SKY 1 from Virgin media you feel morally obliged to stand side by side with your "Cable Brothers" and feel it impacts on your moral wellbeing.
They wont believe a word of it of course but the insanity plea lodged immediately after will be a shoo in. ;););)

Paul_Robson
05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Tell them your really busy playing COD and that you have no time for sky anymore.If they see you play, they will understand that you need all the practise you can get :)

Timoweb
05-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Tell them your a Man U fan and your spending a lot of time layed in hospital after away games and just not getting chance to watch it!

gazza25m
27-04-2007, 11:13 AM
ive used the moving house excuse and it worked ok

sc0tsman
21-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Moving home to a listed building and dish not allowed outside or a good one is building work on home and dish HAS to come down ;)

mickyrobbo
21-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I got mine cancelled very easy I think it depends on who answers the phone when you want to cancel,,I got a girl,,and all I said to her in a soft voice was that I can not no longer afford to pay it as times were really hard for the family at the minute and think she gave my her sympathy vote,and now ?44.50 a month better of now to go towards loading the house full of d-boxes,

Collider
21-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Easiest way is to tell them your moving house to a non virgin area(you will have to find one btw) ;)

Declan
21-05-2007, 10:49 PM
just tell them to fook off:HiFlip:

krazylegz
22-05-2007, 02:09 AM
lmfao @ declan.

the easiest way is just to cancel direct debit. after about 2weeks when it's not payed they'll cut you off.then leaver it cut off for a month or 2 then ring up to pay it,but by then your agreement has been cancelled and they've got to ask you if u want it switched back on,then tell em to fook off;)

a_n_h_24
25-05-2007, 02:48 PM
lmfao @ declan.

the easiest way is just to cancel direct debit. after about 2weeks when it's not payed they'll cut you off.then leaver it cut off for a month or 2 then ring up to pay it,but by then your agreement has been cancelled and they've got to ask you if u want it switched back on,then tell em to fook off;)

Not sure that is a good idea as it may affect you credit rating and cause problems in the future. I used the travelling for a year excuse and it worked fine.

FERNOX
25-05-2007, 03:19 PM
tell em your wife blinded you for looking at women :tv: