PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please Parkard Bell Imedia 1529

youngie
16-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Hello All. I Am Having Loads Of Trouble Here. Well First Of All I Have Tryed To Resore My Pc. Back With F11. It Goes All The Way Until It Reaches 97% .and Then I Get A Error But Now I Carnt Get Anything.now When I Turn It On. All I Get Is Packard Bell Screen Saying Press F2 And F8. But It Wont Let Me Do That. Is There Anything I Can Do. What I Think Has Happend Is The Computer Has Removed Everything And Not Replaced Them. So Now The Pc Wont Do Anything Please Do Help If You Can Please Very Kind Regards Youngie

dx100-uk
17-02-2007, 03:17 AM
stick an xp disc in
and use the ERC [emergency recovery console]
then run chkdsk c: /v /f

there are plenty of answers to this if you search yahoo or google.

sounds like you have bad sectors on the HDD

dx100uk:goodnight:

time2rest
17-02-2007, 03:27 AM
Use this link to Download and then doubleclick the file. This Setup will create a bootable Recovery CD automatically.
You need one CD-R or CD-RW disc.
The bootdisk that will be created can be used on all Packard Bell system.
http____://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?m=download&i=6945490100;bootdisk16.exe;0;ppn;PB34305701

time2rest
17-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Sorry to mention that, recovery CD will delete the active partition and uses image partion to bring back your system to day one. I recoverd one of this Imedia yesterday by using floppy disk. At one stage it scanned harddisk. as dx100uk said chkdisk is more reliable to pinpoint harddisk problem. wish you luck.

y2krog2000
17-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Youngie your problem is that your hard drive is probably a s-ata hard drive and you need to install the drivers for s-ata hard drives when asked to do so when setting up windows. You should have got these drivers on a floppy or cd when you bought the computer with instructions, if you didnt you need to find out more info about the hard drive as they made this same computer with many different bits in it, when installing xp at the start it will ask you to press F6 if you have any drivers you need to install you need to do this and put the floppy or cd in and follow the instructions and that will be it fixed. All the info about your computer is here with some drivers Downloads - IMEDIA 1529 - PB34305701 - iMedia - platform_honeymoon_imedia - Desktop (http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?pn=PB34305701&g=2000) If you didnt get or dont have the s-ata driver you should be able to download it from the link I gave you you should and that link also tells you how to install xp on this machine.

youngie
17-02-2007, 12:11 PM
well thank you all that will give me something to do today i will let you all no how it goes once again thank you all

youngie
18-02-2007, 02:32 AM
well ok. all i have removed the harddrive and installed into my pc everything went great it rolled it right back to factore settings.but now i have tryed to replace the harddrive back into the packard bell and it wont do anything all i get is a pink screen saying f3 f8 but it wont let me do that i also get this message

ide channel 0 master hl-dt-stdvdram.gwa 416431.01
ide channel 0 slave - none

ide channel 2 master :st3160812as3.aae
ide channel 3 master none
ide channel 4 master none

cmos checksum error -default loaded

and some time i also get the follwing error bios rom checksum error
am i right in thinking my mother board has gone to **** or the power supply i have also tryed my hard drive in it with the same fault so it not the harddrive like first thought. plesase help if you can kind regards youngie

y2krog2000
18-02-2007, 10:09 AM
You need to set the computer up with the hard drive and all the bits in the packard bell pc, no reason for putting it in another computer and then trying to put it into the packard be; because that wont work all of the time. Did you unplug a lot of things on the motherboard and put them back in the wrong place. Core - Rio Motherboard Layout Diagram - ml062a - Information and Instructions - IMEDIA 1529 - PB34305701 - iMedia - platform_honeymoon_imedia - Desktop (http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=ml062a&ppn=PB34305701) All the info you need is on the packard bell website and it dosent say anywere, take the hard drive out and set it up in a different computer then stick it back in the imedia.

youngie
19-02-2007, 08:42 PM
thanks mate. i have tryed everything with no luck. i think i will take it to a free pc check, and hopefully they will be able to get it up and runing, cheers once again mate. kind regards youngie