PDA

View Full Version : No FrontRow in NW London - Has something happened?

Sabre2
14-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Wow....I got on my hols for a few weeks and everything has changed!!!

I hope you knowledgeable chaps can answer a nagging cable quesion for me,

I am an exCW in the NWLondon area, and I just tried to book a film on frontrow, I can book the film, the screen changes to channel 0, and just as the film is about to start, I get the dreaded black screen, and No film, all the other channels works fine....just not front row. I'm not sure if my area has been moved over to VOD, or if my Tit2 card needs some things added to it!!

Can anyone enlighten me on this please.

Cheers:(

red85
15-06-2006, 10:12 AM
might be the cards credit limit mate, try redoing it.
red.

bladesftp
15-06-2006, 11:43 AM
do you know anyone else in your area with a modded box if so try it on theirs aswell see if it happens to theirs aswell if so i'd say that your area is now VOD

merlyn2010uk
15-06-2006, 04:11 PM
sounds odd, when my area went to VOD i could'nt book films other than the nauty channels....but bladeftp knows more...im still a newbie...carwash might be the man to ask if no answer to prob yet..

hope you get it sorted.

Satch
15-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Hi All,

@Sabre2 does channel 0 or 7 show filmflex?

pinky626
15-06-2006, 06:25 PM
hey just wanted to say u need 10 posts b4 u can download latest keys

X-PAC
15-06-2006, 07:12 PM
When u go vod u cant get into the bit where u order the channels so i doupt uve gone vod wat specific area r u in?

charmer127
16-06-2006, 07:30 PM
It may be the credit limit on the card..i thought that was pre-programmed to some ridiculously high number??? anyway, try re-doing your card and see what happens.

Sabre2
19-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Cheers for the info guys, I am in the Harrow area, I can get the movie flicks on channels 0 & 7 and I can book a movie, but when it is time to show the film the screen goes blank! when I move to another channel and go back to channel '0' I do get a message saying I have got a movie booked do I want to go back to it, it then asks fo te pin no, nad the same thing again.....very strange!!?!?! I will re-program my Tit2 card to see if this will sort the problem, will keep you posted! Cheers

Letmein
19-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Glad to hear it

Sabre2
10-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Ok, I know its been a while since my last post on this subject....but to fill you in on the strangeness.....I had some time the other day to re-program my Tit2 for the on-demand problem, however, I thought I should give it one last go and try a movie.......To my surprise the thing started working, and I actually managed to see the film?!?!!? That is very weird.....I think it may have something to do with the signal coming into the house from the cable company?! Does anyone else have a theory on this?

chuck123
14-07-2006, 09:09 PM
I am in NW london area. box 4000 and Atmeg card. This problem comes very often when u cannot get F row. The easiest solution i found is to depower-power up from the mains. This clears most of the problems except key changes:)

Jimbo
24-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Wow....I got on my hols for a few weeks and everything has changed!!!
I hope you knowledgeable chaps can answer a nagging cable quesion for me,
I am an exCW in the NWLondon area, and I just tried to book a film on frontrow, I can book the film, the screen changes to channel 0, and just as the film is about to start, I get the dreaded black screen, and No film, all the other channels works fine....just not front row. I'm not sure if my area has been moved over to VOD, or if my Tit2 card needs some things added to it!!
Can anyone enlighten me on this please.
Cheers:(

I had this problem, and I think it was all due to the box over heating. I am ex c&W and running a Tit2. I turn my box off at the mains when not in use. seems to have resolved the problem for me......Jimbo