PDA

View Full Version : new look

chat
14-02-2007, 01:28 AM
i love the new look the site has good job

Hunter
14-02-2007, 01:31 AM
if you look again in a day or so they may be another skin for you to use too ;)
:wod1:

Parva
14-02-2007, 02:13 AM
There appears to be a problem with the new look forums, certainly for me anyway. I've been browsing various threads and have found myself logged-out of the site at least 3 times! Yes, I use the 'Remember Me' button and no, I don't click the 'Back' button which would effectively log me out again. In fact when I came to post on this very forum it told me I wasn't logged-in and the forums were private yet lo and behold, it showed me as the only active user in the window at the bottom!

Gotta admit that I'm not keen on the new format either. It looks pretty yes but it doesn't tell me what the last posts in each forum are which I found handy - saved me having to go into each and every forum to check for new posts. :(

fergalsworld
14-02-2007, 02:20 AM
The bug has been noted.
I had to login again myself to view this thread lol,
The changes were only made late on yesterday evening and are
still in progress.
Hopefully it will all be sorted out later on today.
To view new posts just click on "new posts" underneath the shoutbox on the left for now.

Loco
14-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Hello,

I'm the one working on the site.

I'm not sure why there would be login changes, there was nothing done to the cookie settings ?

as for the new post in the forums, if you really think about it like this.

the smalled set of forums is a paid, 2 forums.. so your really only seeing the 1 newest post from those 2 forums.

and there are forums with up to 16 subforums that are seen from the index page.. so there your only seeing 1 new post out of 16 forums..

either way, I'll try and get the 1 latest post seen from the home page just under the title.

thx

-Bs

Loco
14-02-2007, 03:05 AM
yup, maybe :high:

fergalsworld
14-02-2007, 04:42 AM
I think it would look better without the text circled in the picture attached.

Loco
14-02-2007, 04:52 AM
the description too >?

Timoweb
14-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Looking good, very clean and modern. It's a massive improvement well done Loco and Admins it was worth the weight.

DanMB
14-02-2007, 11:11 AM
To be honest i think it would be best how it was before lol

Shipoftheline
14-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I have two questions,

1: Have the issues with the older version been fixed in this version. We had issues with the ? after editing and some of the other characters ?

2: Are we keeping this new style on the index (hate it) ?

DanMB
14-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Can't you keep the old theme up so we can chose it ourself in our profile if we choose to?

y2krog2000
14-02-2007, 11:31 AM
I have to agree with Fergalsworld the text that he pointed out makes it harder to find the different forums, but I think the site looks a lot better now and the pages seem to load quicker :thumbup2: .

Shipoftheline
14-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Sorry but my first thoughts this morning when I seen it was "Adverts" and I even asked on the shoutbox how I got to the main index page.

It looks like a jungle and will give out the wrong impression to people looking in and existing members. Sorry to be so frank about this but if we don't be honest no one will know

DanMB
14-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Also the + - thing doesn't work to like minimize a forum section.

notanotherone
14-02-2007, 11:42 AM
have to say that am not impressed with this at all ,if i was new to this scene i would take 1 look at it and run ,you cant find anything easily ,it looks like its been thrown up in a hurry too much in your face soz dont mean to be negative but this isnt progress it going backwards

Gazer
14-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Well guys i look at it like this...if we left the forum as it was we would get members thinking that forum always looks the same, they cant be assed to update it.......and we get members that think they changed it and it looks sh*t so i think we are doumed which way we go.

Anyway please give it time as at the end you will be able to use which style you want as we will end up with a few......and iam hoping at the same time we will get rid of any bugs that are in the sytem...... like the ? sign

what can i say rome was not built in a day lol

Regards Gazer

nj2006
14-02-2007, 12:24 PM
it is the truth that the changes needed to happen this site was looking tired and like every other forum.

change isnt welcomed at first and if we didnt all have an opinion then this wouldnt be a FORUM.

expecting people not to air their veiw in the first place they see for example: Shoutbox
is just plain asking for trouble.

everything that is new is gonna have teething problems guys and if everybody liked the changee then it wouldnt be the real world.

i will say that loco had been up most the night implementing the changes and the forum has changed alot through the night.but to simply just come out and moan aboutit isnt fair on the work that is bieng put in to the revamp. and if i was the guy implementing the changes i would simply tell you to do it yourself.

come on people if your going to coment about the new look please be constructive about it. and remember developers are human and have feelings 2.

Timoweb
14-02-2007, 12:39 PM
come on people if your going to coment about the new look please be constructive about it. and remember developers are human and have feelings 2.
If i was Loco i would be very hurt by a lot of the comments he is tring to help the site. It?s very easy to criticize isn?t it guess that why there are so many critics.

At least let him finish the site and try to give it one or two days to acclimatize to the lay out before you slag it off!

Shipoftheline
14-02-2007, 12:52 PM
If i was Loco i would be very hurt by a lot of the comments he is tring to help the site. It?s very easy to criticize isn?t it guess that why there are so many critics.
[/FONT]

If I were Loco I'd appreciate the feedback good & bad. If people can't give an honest opinion I wouldn't even bother asking what people felt :fryingpan:

At least let him finish the site and try to give it one or two days to [FONT=Arial]acclimatize to the lay out before you slag it off!

People giving opinions YOU don't like isn't slagging people off

ticticboom
14-02-2007, 12:55 PM
i am liking it nice and bright just the main page is a bit crushed apart from that looking good , lol i only joined in jan so i was gettin used to the old theme so nt fair on me 2 make a comment as am a newbie .

berley
14-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I think it would look better without the text circled in the picture attached.

must admit that i think it would also look better the way fergals suggested but on the whole i dont like the style of it, i prefer a vertical look syle as opposed to boxes going accross the way, and it seems such a waste of space just below where the world of digital features are, i appreciate this is not the finished result tho and thanks for taking the time to give the forum a new look

would it be possible to allow the members to choose a style from a poll or will the finished result offer members the chance to change the look in user cp ?

just noticed theres ads below the first post in each section, its maybe just me but i hate ads and would much sooner donate than have ads

oh and can you fix the shoutbox clock ;)

cya soon loco :)

Timoweb
14-02-2007, 01:45 PM
People giving opinions YOU don't like isn't slagging people off
If you scroll up and read, i said slagging the layout off not people don't change what i say to make it out to be different.

notanotherone
14-02-2007, 03:07 PM
There appears to be a problem with the new look forums, certainly for me anyway. I've been browsing various threads and have found myself logged-out of the site at least 3 times! Yes, I use the 'Remember Me' button and no, I don't click the 'Back' button which would effectively log me out again. In fact when I came to post on this very forum it told me I wasn't logged-in and the forums were private yet lo and behold, it showed me as the only active user in the window at the bottom!
Gotta admit that I'm not keen on the new format either :(
am in the same boat as Parava since i came onj this morning ive been loggedd out 7 times ive done all the tick remeber me and all that, it didnt used to log me off its just started and i couldnt get back in rite away either it took about 5 mins to get back online

Hunter
14-02-2007, 03:20 PM
i doubt if a skin will have efected that
most peole have had this problem for a long time so the latest changes won,t have efected it either

notanotherone
14-02-2007, 03:27 PM
i doubt if a skin will have efected that
most peole have had this problem for a long time so the latest changes won,t have efected it either
wot am saying hunter ive heard ppl talking about it for ages and used to laugh and say the same as you but from this morning its happening to me on lappy as well as main puter i could stay on here all day with getting logged off but now its happening to me .......coincidence ?

Shipoftheline
14-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I only started getting the forced logouts this morning

y2krog2000
14-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I only started getting the forced logouts this morning
So did I and its never happened to me before.

Miss L
14-02-2007, 04:35 PM
have to say i have been logged out meself today, but im sure loco will sort when the site is totally finished but have to say i do like the new look, keep up the good work everyone:trustme:

Shipoftheline
14-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Yea I note it's an RC too

Hunter
14-02-2007, 04:43 PM
have to say i have been logged out meself today, but im sure loco will sort when the site is totally finished but have to say i do like the new look, keep up the good work everyone:trustme:
nice to see were getting constructive ;)
on both sides :seasaw:

fergalsworld
14-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Try getting rid of the one in red and keep the one in green
and tighten the box up a bit vertically.

berley
14-02-2007, 11:01 PM
hiya loco rather than edit my post at number 22 in this thread im doing a new one as the style has now completely changed :)

love the look of the new style especially the feature to close or open each section for quicker scrolling

im definately a vertical person when it comes to styles so big cheers loco - nice work :)