PDA

View Full Version : New Setanta Subscription Service, questions??

nss1888
13-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi All,

Do you need to subscribe to Top Up TV to then Subscribe to Setanta to get this service, or is it just a straight subscription to Setanta?? (read it again, I think that made sense :wink: )

If it's a straight subscription to Setanta, they must issue you with the card for your box...

But, If you already have a subscriiption to Topup TV, they'll need to incorporate the setanta subscription onto the TopUp TV card..

Is there any indication from Setanta how this is gonna work??

notanotherone
13-02-2007, 06:02 PM
this is wot it says on its website
For only %u00A310.99 a month you can watch LIVE and EXCLUSIVE sporting action including:

46 live Barclays Premiership football matches per season from August 2007.
US PGA TOUR Golf
60 Scottish Premierleague matches per season
Top Flight live European football, Serie A, Bundesliga, Le Championnat, Portuguese and Dutch Division 1
How do I get Setanta Sports One?

To enjoy Setanta Sports One all you need is a Set Top Box with a slot or a Top Up TV Anytime DTR and a Viewing Card.

so am assuming you will have to pay extra for it
TopUp TV - Everything you want on the box, in the box (http://www.topuptv.com/setantasports.html)

Lainie
13-02-2007, 06:38 PM
heard the magic cards might be back anyone heard?

Dunc
13-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh how I long for a return of the magic cards Lainie i so hope your right

:hail:

nss1888
14-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Well the magic cards may return, but it'll bee a wee while as this system hasn't been cracked yet..

It was generally considered that TopupTV itself wasn't a good enough reason to put the effort in, but when this channel goes live people opinions may change....

we can but hope :wink:

The old gold cards were cheap and chearful, but the ones required for TopupTV and Setanta are more expensive making it a little less viable, however the goal may be to get a MOSC rather than a blank card and dupming all required data to it...

alwynrm
14-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Isnt Formula 1 on Sentana ?

nss1888
14-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Isnt Formula 1 on Sentana ?

na, still itv as far as I know....

Shipoftheline
14-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Well the magic cards may return, but it'll bee a wee while as this system hasn't been cracked yet..
It was generally considered that TopupTV itself wasn't a good enough reason to put the effort in, but when this channel goes live people opinions may change....
we can but hope :wink:
The old gold cards were cheap and chearful, but the ones required for TopupTV and Setanta are more expensive making it a little less viable, however the goal may be to get a MOSC rather than a blank card and dupming all required data to it...

Would be interesting if they could get that new service running on the card slot pvrs

nss1888
14-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Would be interesting if they could get that new service running on the card slot pvrs

I would imagine that if the PVRs has a slot and a freewiew tuner then there shouldn't be a problem....

As far as I know TopUP TV currently works ok with PVRs boxes... So in theory Setanta should too..

It is also possible to card share a Topup TV subscription currently but you need a DTV card for your PC and a card reader (elvis or the like).. then some networking to where you want to share the subscription.. but it does work...

Oh the possibilities :)

Shipoftheline
14-02-2007, 02:17 PM
The new service requires there pvr

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Top Up TV - Everything you want on the box, in the box (http://www.topup.tv/)

nss1888
14-02-2007, 03:41 PM
The new service requires there pvr

Ahh, thats a bit sneeky...

tomboy1
15-02-2007, 09:52 AM
how do i get the above codes please thanks

nss1888
15-02-2007, 10:13 AM
have a look here (http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f28/)

Shipoftheline
15-02-2007, 12:24 PM
have a look here (http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f28/)
How do you put the codes in. I check those channels out when something is on and never get an imput prompt ?

nss1888
15-02-2007, 03:28 PM
How do you put the codes in. I check those channels out when something is on and never get an imput prompt ?

Sorry, I'm confused...

I thought tomboy1 was talking bout Setanta and tvx codes hence the link...

But if your meaning how do you put codes in to get Setanta working though Topup TV, the answer is, you don't.. The decription is incorporated into the card via a transmited signal to the box and the current data on the card ... the card "decodes" the signal and allows it to be viewed... this is all done without user interaction, hence no code prompts on the screen......

If I've not answered what you were askin or if it don't make sense let me know...

Or if I've just confused everone further, give me a slap....

Shipoftheline
15-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Sorry, I'm confused...
I thought tomboy1 was talking bout Setanta and tvx codes hence the link....

Yep how do you get those to work. I've got the humax 9200 and don't see how to impurt the codes

nss1888
15-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok Ship, if you are after codes for tvx, then you need to wait till about 11pm go to the channel and you will see the prompt to imput a code... (probably the red button)....

this option is only avaiable a short time before the program are transmitted, in the same way the fitba was only avaialble to order 2 hours before kickoff..

So once the channel is active you will then be able to set your PVR...

Hope this helps..

Shipoftheline
15-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks nss1888 I'll give that a try

Lainie
16-02-2007, 10:25 PM
heard the magic cards for top up tv are now available if anyone has any info can they post it and i will try and find out more myself

:drunk2:

evilclive
18-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi All,
Do you need to subscribe to Top Up TV to then Subscribe to Setanta to get this service, or is it just a straight subscription to Setanta?? (read it again, I think that made sense :wink: )

I sat through the long and boring advert for Setanta on the Top Up Tv Promo channel just now, and learned that:

If you have a Top Up TV card already (either a legacy one, or something that comes with a TUTV Anytime box), call Setanta and they will do something to allow you to use your existing card with TUTV and Setanta.

Otherwise, call Setanta, and they will send you a card to descramble their new channel on its own.

It stands to reason that the conditional access modules (descrambler cards) can hold keys for more than one set of channels at once. TUTV and Setanta are two different companies, and if you want access to British Eurosport and Setanta Sports, you will need to pay subscriptions (?10/month and ?10.99/month respectively) to both of them.

Spinifex
19-02-2007, 01:29 AM
heard the magic cards for top up tv are now available if anyone has any info can they post it and i will try and find out more myself
:drunk2:

yes im hearing reports of hacked ss cards and seems that they are using like the guy said a few posts back MOSC!

seca2 may or may not be fully hacked but using maybe seca I information on a titanium2 card or funcard may be the answer! more info on tutv wud be good too even tho i dont have it id like to know the score.. its about time this lot got hacked then we can start on NDS.

Spinifex.

evilclive
19-02-2007, 03:09 AM
seca2 may or may not be fully hacked but using maybe seca I information on a titanium2 card or funcard may be the answer!

The point is, there has never been much of interest on Top-Up TV.

I might have wanted to watch Eurosport once or twice a year, but I was perfectly willing to wait for Tits-Up TV to go bankrupt so I could watch it on Freeview.

Now that a "Premium Sports channel" is about to appear on encrypted Freeview, there is at last a real incentive for someone to work on cracking SECA2.

Spinifex
19-02-2007, 04:06 PM
The point is, there has never been much of interest on Top-Up TV.
I might have wanted to watch Eurosport once or twice a year, but I was perfectly willing to wait for Tits-Up TV to go bankrupt so I could watch it on Freeview.
Now that a "Premium Sports channel" is about to appear on encrypted Freeview, there is at last a real incentive for someone to work on cracking SECA2.

What do you think the chances are of the rumours ss cards are being made and or cloned and will be ready for 1st march? anyones opinion and knowledge is welcomed below because somebody i know (not saying too much) but he reckons its been done. i said i doubt it as its in seca2 he then argued and backed up lol and said wait n see. i just dont see how ss can be cracked when it isnt even broadcasting yet so how can it be cloned or whatever already? rant over lol

Spin.

DanielHarvey
19-02-2007, 08:01 PM
What do you think the chances are of the rumours ss cards are being made and or cloned and will be ready for 1st march? anyones opinion and knowledge is welcomed below because somebody i know (not saying too much) but he reckons its been done. i said i doubt it as its in seca2 he then argued and backed up lol and said wait n see. i just dont see how ss can be cracked when it isnt even broadcasting yet so how can it be cloned or whatever already? rant over lol
Spin.

I agree with you I can't see how it can be hacked when ot hasn't been launched yet. I do think it will be cracked but not until after 1st March.

chrisd
21-02-2007, 06:41 PM
its gonna cost 180 pound for topup box

nss1888
22-02-2007, 09:18 AM
its gonna cost 180 pound for topup box

thats for there PVR box "topup tv anytime" as shown HERE (https://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. But you don't actually need the "anytime" package, just a set-top box with a card slot which you can get for a lot less...

the old on/itv digital boxes will do the trick.. but currently you still need to pay for a subscription... but hopfully that'll change :thumbup2:

Shipoftheline
22-02-2007, 12:03 PM
thats for there PVR box "topup tv anytime" as shown HERE (https://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. But you don't actually need the "anytime" package, just a set-top box with a card slot which you can get for a lot less...
the old on/itv digital boxes will do the trick.. but currently you still need to pay for a subscription... but hopfully that'll change :thumbup2:

I may be wrong but I don't think they're signing people up to the old service now only the anytime one. You have to remember the old service was stripped down because CH5 took two of the channel slots for Five Life & Five US oh and you need to buy there box for the anytime service. I think its because the pvr has a different setup (downloading over night) and partitioned differently

Spinifex
22-02-2007, 05:33 PM
but just to clarify for other newbies, you do NOT have to buy anything to do with topuptv, there are 2 cards obviously 1 for tutv and one for setanta. most people will want setanta cards and they simply replace your old on digital/itv digital/topuptv original card!

Spinifex.