PDA

View Full Version : Shower to suit a Combi Boiler

snakehips
13-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Morning All,
Just wondering if anyone has the solution to my shower enigma!
I'm running on a combi boiler (28 lt Worcester CDI) downstairs in the kitchen, however the bathroom is upstairs and im concerned about getting the right pressure to it. I also want the shower to be thermostatic regulated.
I understand that there are now specific showers set up for these circumstances...Could anyone be so kind to give me a headsup??

Cheers

lfckev
14-02-2007, 06:02 PM
hi i have found that the mira fino is a good reliable shower to work with combis

relifex
14-02-2007, 07:47 PM
As the combi is run from mains pressure any mixer shower should be suitable you can get mixers with or without temp regulators, I myself have a combi in the kitchen and bathroom directly above this until recently had a mixer with a regulator in, it worked great. Now after re-doing the bathroom I have one without a regulator which means apart form have to do the usual in the shower I have to carefuly piss about so it doesn't go freezing on me!

This will teach me to go for style over function!

R.

krazylegz
16-02-2007, 09:16 PM
As the combi is run from mains pressure any mixer shower should be suitable you can get mixers with or without temp regulators, I myself have a combi in the kitchen and bathroom directly above this until recently had a mixer with a regulator in, it worked great. Now after re-doing the bathroom I have one without a regulator which means apart form have to do the usual in the shower I have to carefuly piss about so it doesn't go freezing on me!
This will teach me to go for style over function!
R.

lol i did the same.; in my old house i fitted one with a thermostat in but when i move and redone bathroom i got one of them recessed ones but it hasnt got a thermo in so if someone flushes the toilet the fecker goes red hot