PDA

View Full Version : New paragraphs not working

evilclive
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Once I've finished typing this, I'm going to click Preview, then Submit.
There should be two Enter characters between the last sentence and this one, to give a blank line between paragraphs.
Pressing Preview turns this into a single Enter character, so either I put the second one back in by hand, or I post a single (large, hard to read) block of text.
What gives? Do I need to insert a (p) symbol between lines for it to format properly?

berley
10-02-2007, 07:16 PM
've read this 3 times now and i havent a scooby doo what your talking about but then again i'm not the brightest button in the box ;)

i have checked your other posts though and your paragraphs are spaced out as they should be

evilclive
16-02-2007, 02:48 AM
I've read this 3 times now and i havent a scooby doo what your talking about but then again i'm not the brightest button in the box ;)
You know when you're typing something and you hit the Enter key, you start a new line; and if you hit the Enter key twice, you leave a blank line (which makes paragraphs much more readable). Well, something is chewing up the empty lines: it's as if I'd only pressed the Enter key once.

i have checked your other posts though and your paragraphs are spaced out as they should be
That's because in all my other posts, I clicked Preview Post to check my spelling, then put all the blank lines back again by hand before clicking Submit Reply. If I ever write a long post, this could be a major nuisance.

fergalsworld
16-02-2007, 03:34 AM
You know when you're typing something and you hit the Enter key, you start a new line; and if you hit the Enter key twice, you leave a blank line (which makes paragraphs much more readable). Well, something is chewing up the empty lines: it's as if I'd only pressed the Enter key once.
That's because in all my other posts, I clicked Preview Post to check my spelling, then put all the blank lines back again by hand before clicking Submit Reply. If I ever write a long post, this could be a major nuisance.
I see what you mean but i never preview my post i just submit it then read it
if there are any spelling mistakse (lol) i just edit the post.
But it has been noted and we will see what can be done to fix the glitch.

berley
16-02-2007, 10:53 AM
thanks for explaining things better evilclive, i dont have the problem and dont understand why you do, but as fergals has said its been noted and will hopefully be sorted

just putting in this paragraph to double check ive not got a problem ;)

evilclive
20-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't know what you've done, but it now seems to work.

[New paragraph!] Thanks.

Gazer
20-02-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't know what you've done, but it now seems to work.

[New paragraph!] Thanks.

lmao not done a thing just been reading this :trustme:

and iv just left a paragraph and its working for me ;)

and thats with preview post well gives me a bit more time to watch tv lol

Regards Gazer