PDA

View Full Version : won't allow me to install graphics drivers

jackdee69
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I have an ASUS p5ad2-e premium motherboard and a nvidia 6600 pci express graphics card. i have installed windows xp home edition.
on xmas day my pc crashed turned itself off and when i tried to reboot it went into a loop of booting up getting past the windows xp logo then continually flashing for a few minutes then rebooting again.
i formatted my hard drive which went ok reinstalled xp again no probs installed all my drivers again no problem until it came time to install my graphics card drivers.. then it went into the same loop as happened on xmas day. i have to turn it off and when rebooting in dos get to the page where it shows u safe mode last best good config etc and pick last best good config it boots up with the onboard drivers which are ok but i need better drivers each page goes up at half a page a time and is a pain in the butt can anyone help is a problem with the card or the board not sure

dx100-uk
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
what does events log say?
you need to find out what is doing it

to me it sounds like wrong drivers,
how about going up on the makers site and getting the drivers again
just incase they are corrupted.

if that does not work then p'haps the card has fried?

has it a fan, does it work? any sign of damage?

dx100uk
more info please & separate your sentences!!:snow:

y2krog2000
10-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I had a problem like this before with a 6200 graphics card and it was the drivers that would cause the computer to crash all the time, I had to boot the pc in safe mode and uninstall the graphics driver then I restarted the computer and installed an older driver for the card, you should have uninstalled the onboard graphics before you install the nvidia driver that could also be the problem. This is the newest driver for your card in case you were installing the wrong one ForceWare Windows XP/2000 32-bit (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html).