PDA

View Full Version : starview trouble

tony2803
08-02-2007, 03:14 PM
just got my new starview box with loaded software 29/01/07 followed instalation instructions auto scan but only getting free to air channels and no others can any one tell me do i need to flash again with new update and where do i get it form ?tut would be great when scanning for channels it is showing a little green symbol at all the subscribed channels can someone tell me what this symbol means..im pure ntl..thanks in advance

Gingy
09-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Press the Menu button on your remote and go down to system information and press OK. While on the that screen press '1570' and make sure the emulation is switched to on (i think its the bottom one). Exit the screen and put it on a channel you know is scrambles like Sky1 or SkySports and wait for about 1-2 minutes. It should update and now get the channels. If not make sure you have used the newest software or if your emulation is on then it must be something else - but try this first.

tony2803
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
spot on all up and running now,im using 16/8/06 software is there new software and where do i download from,im new to this box..

Gingy
10-02-2007, 11:06 PM
That might be the software that is working - my box was knocked out in January and the file I downloaded was an older version that apparently worked so if yours is OK be happy! The file was sent to me by the people I bought my box from (thoughtful folk that they are) but you could try TechWatch Technology & Hardware forums - Powered by vBulletin (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. they are good with a few of these boxes.

lucid
19-02-2007, 12:20 AM
The 259 is the latest official firmware but is reported to be buggy with instances of the picture freezing and going to scrambled intermittently.

The 257 from 26th Jan is reported to be more stable and works for auto roll. Also the 255 cryptstar is also working though as far as I'm aware it does not have the marginally improved EPG.