PDA

View Full Version : Dbox image

jats2k
13-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey all,

I'm new here but was registered on the previous site.

I have a Nokia DBox2 with a sporster image installed. I was just wondering of what the advantages are of upgrading my image.

Also since i installed the image, my IP on the box has changed, and I cant seem to FTP into the box, as before, any ideas?

Thanks

bladesftp
13-06-2006, 04:25 PM
to change the ip of your box got to the dbox menu then setting and then go to network frorm where you can change the ip of you box to whatever you want :)

PnP
13-06-2006, 08:23 PM
People put a lot of effort to improve images.

Cams get upgraded, things get added to improve the functionality of the box.

Whether you need to upgrade is upto you. I'd look at the pro's and cons of an image. Find out from people who have tried it what they like about, most images have their own feedback areas which you can browse through.

After flashing it is normal for you to re-input/change some settings as the creators may use generic settings or setting they needed to use...... these are usually different from what you need.

PnP

notanotherone
14-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Also since i installed the image, my IP on the box has changed, and I cant seem to FTP into the box, as before, any ideas?
each image created may have a different ip address get your remote controll and hit d box go to settings then to network your ip address for that particular image will be there ,as for upgrading i try to keep up with the images going around but thats just me i have one box that has not changed for over 9 months ..why ..well its stable never had a problem and i like it

chrisgill244
16-06-2006, 10:26 AM
I have a sagem dbox II what is the best image to use as there seem to be alot out there at the moment??

rj45
16-06-2006, 10:56 AM
It depends on what works for you, trail and error is the best method.
Sportster 1.5 uk_03 works for me, but the commando images are supposed to be the dogs bullocks.

Hunter
16-06-2006, 11:06 AM
I have a sagem dbox II what is the best image to use as there seem to be alot out there at the moment??
the latest one,s are ussualy more up to date ?
i,d say use commando 4
but then i would wouldn,t i ? :9: