PDA

View Full Version : planning for conservatory if required

alyas786
06-02-2007, 12:38 AM
does anyone know you i need an planing permision to build an conservatory of size about 12 feet out side my back of house cause some builders say you don't need for about 12 feet.

withnail
06-02-2007, 07:43 PM
its down to cubic volume and also depends how much your property has been extended in the past

if you measure WxDxH this will give you the volume of your proposed conservatory

not sure of the exact figure, but i believe its about 70m^3 in total

google might help with the exact figure, or someone will post it up for you

here you go h**p://www.planningni.gov.uk/Devel_Control/Planning_System/Permission/extensions.htm

Hitman
06-02-2007, 11:50 PM
All councils are different...give them a ring and ask.

If not and you get on well with your neighbours, dont tell anyone

woohoo128
07-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Not quite sure I always thought it was anything made of wood or plastic was not considered a permanent structure so therefore did not need planning permission as long as it didn't use anything larger than life 1 m Dewolf Wall but as advised above is always best to check your local council to see which way they ar going to screw you out your money lol

CrunchiePants
24-10-2007, 10:54 AM
No you don't need planning permission for a conservatory if its under 24 square meters floor area, and that your not in a conservation area. Also don't encroach on neighbour boundarys, this includes footings guttering etc.