PDA

View Full Version : Spam Posters

y2krog2000
01-02-2007, 12:50 PM
I think the mods should start banning spam posters that post things that have nothing at all to do with the topic. Here is an example people talking about Scott Harrison and someone says that someone in America has won the lottery and they want to have some money to.:-? now that is as far away from the topic as you can get. http://world-of-digital.com/forums/146/10135-scott-harrison-finished-2.html

Or what about telling people how to start a new thread because I think there are a few people around who dont know how to do that.

The-Wappy-One
01-02-2007, 01:21 PM
thatsnk for that didient notice that post :)

they have been delt with and the posts moved ;)

but i agree if its just completly pointless it should be removed from the post. or a new post stared ;) and the user given info on how to start a new post ;)

Lainie
01-02-2007, 01:33 PM
lets all spam the spammers give out their email addys lol

:D :banana4:

Timoweb
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
I totally agree. I hate stupid post hijacking and statements in posts with no relevance to the thread, ok that's my rant over on this.

kryten77
02-02-2007, 05:39 AM
LOL. It now makes my post at the end of the thread linked by y2krog2000 look like I was on drugs.
Spam has gotten to the ridiculous stage recently. Also members wanting everything handed to them on a plate. A bit of effort and a bit of common sense go a long way to solving most problems. If after that has been tried then I will help anyone in any way I can but I draw the line at two posts and then asking for images etc to be emailed/PM'd to people.

y2krog2000
02-02-2007, 08:09 AM
The messages were deleted yesterday yet they were able to get back to the same thread and post the exact same message http://world-of-digital.com/forums/146/10135-scott-harrison-finished-2.html . Very dumb.

berley
02-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I think the mods should start banning spam posters that post things that have nothing at all to do with the topic.
we'd be really busy if we banned all peeps that go off topic on threads ;)but i get your point about the link you posted above it was way off topic and totally irrelevant to the original post

The messages were deleted yesterday yet they were able to get back to the same thread and post the exact same message http://world-of-digital.com/forums/146/10135-scott-harrison-finished-2.html . Very dumb. the thread was removed this morning and a friendly pm sent :)

y2krog2000
02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Sorry bout that I thought you could just ban people for 24 hours at the click of a button, the reason why I posted that link this morning is because this person posted the exact same thing on the exact same thread yesterday and it was removed yesterday and thought he would have had more brains than to do it again.

Gazer
02-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Sorry bout that I thought you could just ban people for 24 hours at the click of a button, the reason why I posted that link this morning is because this person posted the exact same thing on the exact same thread yesterday and it was removed yesterday and thought he would have had more brains than to do it again.

Yes we can ban anyone for anytime we want, and i think this guy as now had a life ban for being a prat.

we do get a lot of spamers these days, all forums get them but that is life.