PDA

View Full Version : left laptop mouse button

ticticboom
30-01-2007, 11:31 PM
hey guys, my left laptop mouse button isint working . dont know if its traped dirt or summat as it was working like this morning! cheers .

y2krog2000
31-01-2007, 08:38 AM
If you didnt change anything then it probably is dirt or if its old and you used it all the time it could be just done, but you should be able to download an application to program the buttons and driver for it from the manufacturers website for it if you wanted to try that.

Jango
31-01-2007, 09:28 AM
If you plug in a mouse is the left button working on there, I've never come across where the left mouse on the laptop doesn't work and we have tons of laptops here. Do you sometimes get a response and others you don't or is fully not working ?

y2krog2000
31-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Dont know about any other computers but dell have a program called Synaptics its only optional but its drivers and a program for the touchpad and mouse buttons for it but im sure you would be able to get this program for any make of laptop and it should let you try and fix the problem before having to take the laptop apart.

stickywicket
01-02-2007, 02:09 AM
sometimes on laptops the small clips that make the buttons respond/spring dislodge or get dirt trapped which makes it seem like it dont work. had this happen on a few and had to remove the cover etc to replace the buttons properly, can be a real pain in the ar*e but a neccessary evil. have a google for your model of laptop and you should find a guide if you wish to go down this route. (should warn you though will prob involve removing screen etc, sounds worse than it is)

ticticboom
01-02-2007, 01:13 PM
dam sounds dangerous lol i will prob use a mouse, as u said it must be dirt stuck in it it works if i push it hard (didnt come out rite but u know what i mean) cheers guys 4 the advice :)

y2krog2000
01-02-2007, 01:17 PM
dam sounds dangerous lol i will prob use a mouse, as u said it must be dirt stuck in it it works if i push it hard (didnt come out rite but u know what i mean) cheers guys 4 the advice :)

It wont be hard to take your laptop apart and there will be detailed instrucions for doing it on the internet, I dont use the mouse bit on the laptop I found that a wireless mouse is a lot better anyways.

ZARGONE
21-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi I've just been reading some of your posts and it looks like you know a thing or two about laptops,
I was wondering if you might know what was wrong with the wife's, it's a Compaq and the screen has gone off as though the lite was not working the laptop is still working as I have had it hooked up to another monitor.

would appreciate any help, or a point in the right direction. thanks mate.

ZARGONE

DBOX2HELP
18-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Might just be a loose conection. Theres a part that connects the screen to the motherboard-- think its called a inverter or sumthin-- most likely that has come loose or gone bad. Can norm find a replacment on ebay. the part im talking about is norm at the bottom centre of the screen

slappypup
29-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Very seldom is it a loose cable. There are three possible problems
1. There is a small switch that sense when the cover is open. It mad not be working right not normally this.
2. The inverter that takes the 24v line to 200v for the back light is bad. This does go a lot is normally about 30?
3. The back light it self has gone. If this goes normally you will need to get a replacement screen.

kick07
05-08-2007, 03:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
probably is dirt or if its old and you used it all the time it could be just done, go to control panel and re-install the mouse driver and update the driver try this