PDA

View Full Version : windows media does not work

n1qbal
30-01-2007, 10:40 PM
my windows media player 11 doesnt work properly whenever i put audio on it says 'Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.'
Video clips work but without audio. But theirs nothing rwrong with the soundcard as realplayer winamp and vlc player are working fine and when im on the n and to watch something it opens in windows media player and says the same message.

dx100-uk
31-01-2007, 02:15 AM
just because it works in other progs, still does not mean it is installed correctly, neither has the correct drives.
uninstall the soundcard and reinstall the lastest driver for the soundcard from the makers site.

also might be an idea to look in the events log & device manager to ensure there are no errors windows is trying to tell you.

dx100uk
:redbud:

Jango
31-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I helped a friend out the other week with a vry similar error as you've stated, I simply reinstalled the driver for the sound (it was onboard) not a seperate card - sorted the problem out.