PDA

View Full Version : Custom config file?

sfxpete
29-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi Folks,

Does anybody know if its possible to edit one of the telepest config files to increase the (pathetic!) upload speeds?

I'm talking a small jump in speed so it should still be under the radar? What do you think?

If you can edit the files ok (I've seen config editors before..) would you just setup a TFTP server locally and then use the 'Download File from ISP's TFTP Server' section on the hack tab in your Surfboards web interface and point it locally?

Anybody managed to suceed in anything similar? Any tips?

Cheers !

loady
30-01-2007, 08:32 AM
i dont think its possible to do that, i stand corrected if i am wrong, you can only run at the maximum speed that they have allowed to run on the cable...could you imagine it if you could invent your own speeds ??

justbenjp
31-01-2007, 06:25 PM
the config files need to be encypted to work on the ntl and telewest systems, so the short answer is no, the americans havent even done it so illd give up on that idea for now

martinuk
01-02-2007, 01:01 PM
cant thay trace ya modem wen ya do that

justbenjp
04-02-2007, 08:17 PM
they could trace you modem anyway if they really wanted, it would definatly make your modem stand out

Cableguy69
05-02-2007, 06:02 PM
This was posted on another forum by Iamhim

you cant edit the config files because they have MD5 protection and so need to be referenced on the server side for us to be able to use them.