PDA

View Full Version : Rad thermo

gaz
28-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi

Can someone tell me which side does the thermo go on the left or right side of rad also wether its on the feed side or return side of rad/boiler.

Thanks

nathughes
29-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi
Can someone tell me which side does the thermo go on the left or right side of rad also wether its on the feed side or return side of rad/boiler.
Thanks

if you are referrring to a thermostsatic radiator valve (trv) then it goes on the feed side of the radiator. the return side is used for a balancing valve to balance the system.

gaz
29-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Thats what i`m talking about, thanks for that, does it matter which side of the radiator the feed or return goes cos some i`ve seen it on left and some on right.

Thanks

nathughes
29-01-2007, 11:08 PM
it does not matter wether its on the left or right side of the radiator as long as it is connected to the feedpipe.

thesparky
29-01-2007, 11:33 PM
most good TRV are reversible (bi-directional) look for an arrow on the inlet side if it's someting like <-- that a single direction (the flow) but if it's like this <--> then it's bi-directional
Honeywell VT117E TRV - Honeywell available at Plumbworld (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. the above link show a reversible valve (notice the two arrows next to the nuts)

gaz
31-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Replies appreciated, thanks nathughes and also thesparky had a look at the link cheers for that.

Thanks

withnail
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
it does not matter wether its on the left or right side of the radiator as long as it is connected to the feedpipe.
doesnt the trv have to be away from obstructions (curtains, cupboards etc) to be able to operate properly ?

i thought so anyway :-S but im no plumber