PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Flashing like Mad

Treb
12-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I have a sammy 2100c which has been in use for some time, however recently it stopped working and now it keeps pulsing which also effects the tv and the display shows 88888.

Has any one seen this before? is it completly fubared or can it be brought back to life the falshing does it either if its connected to the feed or not

:bomb:

Treb
13-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I have a sammy 2100c which has been in use for some time, however recently it stopped working and now it keeps pulsing which also effects the tv and the display shows 88888.
Has any one seen this before? is it completly fubared or can it be brought back to life the falshing does it either if its connected to the feed or not
:bomb:

Any body seen this problem at all, any help would be appreciated before I bin the thing.

red85
15-06-2006, 10:19 AM
That looks like the atty needs reflowing mate.
red.

JIMMYQ
16-06-2006, 06:55 AM
yes mate reflow the atty it will be ok

Treb
20-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi guys and thanks for the replies, however what does (re-flow the atty mean?)

Treb
26-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Can someone please advise what (re-flow the atty mean?) I still have the flashing Sammy problem any help at all will be appreciated

roasted3
26-06-2006, 06:32 PM
with a solder pro with hot air atachment. or any soldering iron that has a hot air atachment pluss some flux .... flux pen from maplins will do ... just apply a fair amount of flux on each of the atmel legs ... on both chips then give them a good blast with your hot air iron untill you see the pads what the legs are sitting on turn nice and silvery ... but dont over do it . just use common sence. you can do this with a normal iron atachment but i would seriously not recomend doing this if you have no experince soldering .. becuases it very easy to lift the pads or just make a total mess ...... just get yourself a solder pro from maplins and some flux and away you go ..... like i say just use common sence .... the attys are 2 chips inside the cable box that hold the software that runs your box ..... there is a video tutorial somewere that shows you how to lift atmels but you only need to reflow the atmels and not lift .... and see if this fixes the problem witch in most 8888 cases it does ... the chips usualy say atmel or intel on them depending on witch box you got.... .. not sure about a sammy if it has 2 or 1 atty ... as ive never seen the inside of a sammy. but someone will tell you what chip or chips and there location to reflow

Treb
26-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks roasted sounds too complecated to me, looks like its gonna be filed under B1n, I don`t have the time or the patience to do it.

roasted3
26-06-2006, 07:16 PM
the reflow part isnt realy that hard ..... if you got the equipment .. as long as you got a soldering iron with hot air atachment and some flux ... it will only take you 1 or 2 mins to do...... its just your utlay cost .... i think there selling solder pros on ebay for about £27 and you can pick up a flux pen from maplins for around £5.