PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Pearl 8100

rayu
26-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi, I am getting a blackberry pearl 8100 from my company in a couple of days. Has anyone here used it and if so what do they think of it. Can it replace my normal phone for ease of use... Currently have a nokia 6230i.

thanks

Ray

y2krog2000
26-01-2007, 04:18 PM
It is a phone m8 will do the exact same job as a phone, I used to work with a guy who had one of them blackberrys and he got on my tits because he kept taking it out of his pocket every 30 seconds to look at it. His one didnt even look like a phone yours does.

rayu
27-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah the 8100 looks the closest to a phone than any other blackberry. I was trying to find out if the phone functions were easy to use to if there was a learning curve to adapt to its own qwerks. I guess I'll find out in a couple of days

aj2169
27-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Ive used one at work and the keyboard takes a bit of getting used to , its a qwerty keyboard but not quite a full one as there are 2 letters per key as you know. The predictive text is also a bit annoying but these little issues dont matter as its still the coolest corporate handheld to have at the moment .

rayu
31-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Now that I have had it for a couple of days I can say it is quite a neat blackberry phone though it needs getting used to. The main issues I am having is getting used to the keyboard layout and menu's etc. One other thing that I don't like is that it stores emails & txt messages together, same with phone and email contacts. Having seperate storage for emails and txt would have been better. I am sure in a couple of weeks use I will be able to adjust to it ok. The video playing quality is awesome. Among the best I have seen on a phone. I have just ordered a 2gb microsd card for it as 128mb it just not enough.

As aj2169 said looks wise it is easily the best corporate phone around.