PDA

View Full Version : Restriction Software Problem

Declan
22-01-2007, 11:37 PM
A friend of mine is having a bit of trouble with her computer, her dad has installed some software that gives her a certain amount of time on msn and he can cut of her internet when he wants. Tbh this is Annoying when we try to talk. A screenshot of the software below can be seen there. She cant access anything like task manager etc.

Its really doing our heads in, so if anyone could help me out with naming the software or removing it I/We would really appreciate it.

Timoweb
23-01-2007, 11:06 AM
You could try Hitman pro2 that shifts most things and its free.

Jango
23-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Hiya Mate, I've had a good look around for you and spoke to some of the lads I work with. The only things that look similar are connected to public libraries or universities were they wana limit the time people are on there. Sorry, but I've failed.

y2krog2000
23-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Try uninstalling messenger then delete the program files for messenger and reinstall messenger again and this should fix it.

Shipoftheline
23-01-2007, 11:33 AM
So in otherwords its something like Cybersitter. These things are easy to disable but for the obvious reasons I wouldn't advice anyone to help out with this

Declan
23-01-2007, 03:50 PM
So in otherwords its something like Cybersitter. These things are easy to disable but for the obvious reasons I wouldn't advice anyone to help out with this
True i suppose, but thanks anyways :)

DessertDog
23-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Its being used for a reason m8 leave well alone

Collider
23-01-2007, 07:26 PM
What about going through safemode and deleting it that way? and also just draging any files you can find for it to recycle bin(run search) as this would corrupt the software from running.

whirlweb
29-01-2007, 11:45 PM
use system restore to a date before it was installed and hepresto should be good to go